Marbled Velvet Geckos (Oedura marmorata)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ex1dic

Reaction score
Recently got myself 2x hatchling marmorata's.. i was given a tip that if i was not to supply a hide for them in their first couple of months, they will become more comfortable and less "skitish" when i approached their cage. As they are very fast and agile i want them as settled as possible.. got a few sticks for climbing ect, but should i supply a hide? Approx 9 weeks old.
Cheers.

hmmm i got 2 hatchys aswell.

ive got sticks, logs, bark and a skull that goes in fish tanks(plastic and has holes the fish can swim in)
they love the skull and stay in it all day.
but maybe just 1 or 2 hides.
im not sure but it could make sense.

Without a hide, the Geckos will not become secure, will stay scared of you walking past and may even resort to not feeding.

Always provide an area in which your reptile can feel safe and secure. Chris' set up sounds fine.

Shawn

I would supply a hide with them. I use stick on fake plants on the side of the glass, with a heat mat running up the side (outside), under half of the plastic greenery, this way they can thermo-regulate under cover in a verticle position (velvets would rather stay verticle) and you can still see them easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back