Mase's conspiracy theory

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
though i am interested in how the underground trade in exotics operates, IMO the range of aussie pythons available is pretty awesome with beautiful patterns and colours, theres no need to go exotic.

Exactly...No need to go exotic with what we have here in Australia.....But people do!
Usually colours.....size......feel.....and having something 'Different' are the reasons I have heard so far from people.
Im sure turkey slapping the Authorities comes into it somewhere too :lol: .

Best way to make some people want something is to make it illegal.

we all know exotics are in our midst I have been offered corns a few times, and someone offerred me chameleons, but why would I risk all my legal natives for exotics that arent that flash anyways. you have got to be an idiot to risk your legal collection with illegal exotics, and like others have said we have such a huge range of awesome animals here in australia why look elsewhere. I feel priveleged to keep reptiles as I come from New Zealand and lets just say we are very limited to what we can keep there, so its a dream come true to be able to keep natives here.

Hanging around non-Australian gecko forums is an eye opener.
There's a heap of people breeding wheeleri, asper, amyae, deleani, stellatus, and heaps of the Oeduras, Diplos etc.
There is just no way all this stuff got out before our borders were closed, I guess geckos are just easy to smuggle.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Mase

I am sure those things could happen but I haven't heard of it. I know of a few people who have been caught with sometimes significant numbers of exotics and haven't got a criminal record, haven't come close to jail time, have received moderate fines and have kept their legal collections.
Like I say all these things could happen to you I guess but it doesn't seem to happen.

soulweaver said:
try losing all animals, even australian ones.

criminal records
jail time
massive fines
never being allowed to keep animals ever again

and this is just scraping the surface

A lot more drugs are moved through airports than animals. There are higher profits and the drugs don't move scratch or potentially make noise. Bird eggs are another large import export business in Australia, but again eggs don't move and can be rolled around without dying.
Reptiles do occasionally come through the airport (remember the GTP at the start of the year?) but are probably more frequently used in the post.
Reptiles probably come through for the importers own collection. A black market probably only exists after this person has bred these animals.

You're quite right. By the way what is Santa Claus bringing you this year ? :D

Glimmerman said:
There aren't any exotics in Australia. That is a falicy on its own :wink:

I know the Easter Bunny has started his oven a lil early this season :mrgreen: Anyone want an 18ft Cholcolate Retic :shock: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back