Masterchef Finals Winner...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bongie555

Reaction score
Have you been watching?? Congratulations Julie on winning the first MasterChef Series. A worthy winner and Poh has done exceptionally well to come 2nd. And I personnaly cant wait for Chis to open his beer baron restaurant where you can try 20 different beers from all around the world and eat suckling pig.
It has been an excellent series. My family has not missed a single night of this series, we have enjoyed it immensely and cant wait for next years series.

I agree with you, it's been a great show! Personally, I think Poh deserved to win, she was always calmer and more organised. Julie made it through by a slither.

tehy can cook 'ok' but to call them a master chef is a big call. working as a chef is full on for 7 13 hr days a week. being able to cok is only one aspect of being a chef.

I think that there couldn't have been more a deserving winner. Both Poh and Julie were fantastic to have made it this far, but for me, Julie's personal journey and how she came through to win even though suffering so greatly with nerves/stress really moved me.

Congratulations Julie and Poh and all who competed in Australia's Master Chef.

No way slytherin! Julie totally didn't deserve to win and the judges were playing on the pro-underdog mentality of Australians and banking on an ordinary, dull, crowd-pleasing cookbook rather than selecting the best chef.

Her invention tests were always a struggle, never looked stunning and she is a sloppy, messy cook with no time management skills and a complete inability to cope under pressure. Every judging panel they were constantly making excuses for her poor performance and she was held to a much lower standard than the other contestants.

Poh is more creative, has a far better food knowledge and consistently plated up better dishes which looked incredible next to Julie's late 90s masterpieces. Unfortunately she is more of a niche market, producing food that is edgy, challenging and risky. For this reason she isn't as good a prospect as a "housewife done good" is.

Julie is great, but she will go up the coast and cook her pleasant little simple homestyle bistro food for the next 20 years creating some tiny ripples of interest for the first 12 months as the "Masterchef winner's restaurant" then no-one will ever hear from her again. Poh and Justine really had the potential to achieve something spectacular, and I'm glad to see they probably still will, despite not winning the money.

No way slytherin! Julie totally didn't deserve to win and the judges were playing on the pro-underdog mentality of Australians and banking on an ordinary, dull, crowd-pleasing cookbook rather than selecting the best chef.

Her invention tests were always a struggle, never looked stunning and she is a sloppy, messy cook with no time management skills and a complete inability to cope under pressure. Every judging panel they were constantly making excuses for her poor performance and she was held to a much lower standard than the other contestants.

Poh is more creative, has a far better food knowledge and consistently plated up better dishes which looked incredible next to Julie's late 90s masterpieces. Unfortunately she is more of a niche market, producing food that is edgy, challenging and risky. For this reason she isn't as good a prospect as a "housewife done good" is.

Julie is great, but she will go up the coast and cook her pleasant little simple homestyle bistro food for the next 20 years creating some tiny ripples of interest for the first 12 months as the "Masterchef winner's restaurant" then no-one will ever hear from her again. Poh and Justine really had the potential to achieve something spectacular, and I'm glad to see they probably still will, despite not winning the money.
I could not say anything more. Well said. When Poh plated up her chocolate slice, she was very delicate, Julie used her fingers and was very sloppy.

byby_v8, most chefs don't work those ridiculous hours, especially if you aren't in a top restaurant. Most chefs in Australia work in clubs and local restaurants doing 3 straight shifts and two doubles or splits. The main ones who work really long hours are chefs in the very top restaurants in big cities; chef/owners at the top of their field; and idiots who are being exploited by employers who think they are Gordon Ramsay!

People simply burn out doing those kinds of hours, and most sensible employers are starting to realise that and ensure some kind of work/life balance for their staff.

I agree with you jessb in that Poh is very creative and I believe that she will be quickly 'snatched up' and taken under the wing of a top chef. Something similar happens with Aust Idol, in that the second and third place people always do well and branch off doing their own thing.

I don't agree with your opinion jessb, that the judges pandered to the notion of the 'under dog' just to try and get better ratings (like some other reality shows tend to do). No matter what people think of Julie and her techinques, there is always room to grow. Good on her, for having the opportunity, even if it was only to prove that she could do it, even to herself.

I only saw bits of some eps... but was Julie the stressing, incompetent one who kept being put in the bottom three? If she won, my faith in the human race has just been dashed.

ahh! sweaty, nervous julie beats the pohlacoaster.

But...I think it should have been a Chris/Justine final. (Chris winning)

i think its unfair to judge julie so harshly and i'd like to think that the judges were honest and that julies food just tasted that little bit better therefore scored accordingly. i mean i couldnt believe she beat chris the other night when it looked like she was going to get beaten by a country mile but the judges said that it was the taste of the food chris presented that let him down,julie on the other hand presented a mess and had a lot of things missing but apparently tasted better.
if it was up to me then justine would have won not because she was a superior cook,she was ok but it would've made better television later, she was a real hotty...

I was a Poh supporter, I would have loved to see her win. To come back the way she did you could just see the new determination. If they were both to open up a resaurant I know I'd be taking a trip to Poh's.

Julie was great, had a lovely personality. But I really couldn't see her coping too well in a busy restaurant? Sweating and having her little meltdowns.

Good on her tho!

I can't imagine any of the chefs who appeared on that show ever employing her to work in a kitchen. She was messy unorganized and stressed to the point of tears constantly..Show was rigged Chris or Poh should have won

I'm glad Julie won over Poh cause I couldn't stand her, but I don't think either of them were the best cooks on the show. In my opinion Justine should have won it.

The show was rigged anyway. There's no way Julie should have won the other night over Chris when she couldn't even put a finished product on the plate. No matter how good her food tasted, she should have been eliminated over that.

Julie did perform the best on the night, but she wasn't the most consistant througout the season. I would have preferred a Justine/Chris final.
I didn't like Chris and his attitude, but did actually want him to win. The prize would be a boost for him to open his restaurant sooner as I loved to try it. I'm sure he will open one soon, he'll just have to do it with a mortgage.

i say congratulations Julie, and poh.... i think anyone would have been nervous in that situation, they all did a fantastic job.... I didnt think julie was going to get there but she did, and i believe well deserved.... they can all cook for me anytime.....

All season I felt Julie showed ineptitude. Episode after episode she stuffed one thing or another up. And what's with the crying? She played the victim card very well and won the contest based not on merit but by making people feel sorry for her. Pathetic. On the night it should have been Poh, on the series, should have been Chris. Just my 2 bobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back