Members Gender?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with you Earthling, we are all a little sexist sometimes. But i think we should have the option of it, Im a chick, and most ppl know it but ive been called a dude, mate, bro before on here lol. I hope we get the option to use it! Well said though Sprial :)

yep.. really good idea.. saves any confusion and stops ppl from being called the opposite sex..
in case they find that offensive..

I have never liked an opening conversation that includes the question about what sex a person is. It seems, to me, the asker is getting ready to pop a person in a predefined box. I like my conversation to be judged on the content, not the age/sex/hair colour of the person making it.

Would a persons thoughts or opinions on a thread that may be inclined to be of a particular gender bend, for example, a question about nailpolish, or car mechanics, be less inclined to be considered valuable input if it is seen to be coming from a member of the sex that topic is not normally associated with ? Sadly, experience tells me yes, this is so.

I prefer the ambiguity as it is now. I like to talk to people and am not worried what sex they are. If they are interesting or enjoyable to talk to, it doesn't matter.

:)

Hear, hear...

Umm, wait...

ASL?...

kekekela...;)

Nearly everybody is sexist to some degree wether they know it or not.......humans use bias to understand and predict whats going to happen...its what humans are.

Do you think there is anything wrong with that?

I like the idea! I am constantly surprised by the number of females on this site. Why not have it as an option for subscribers (might encourage a few more subscriptions;) ) and people could use if they choose. I am pro-choice!!

Do you think there is anything wrong with that?

Its hard to say...Im still working on it....Its part of the big question......I feel though like most things theres no black and white or grey, but lots of diferent colours and shades. Judging and foretelling the future from past events has been one of humans dominant traits in assisting them in taking over the planet. However so is mass ignorance. Humans cannot automatically select where bias happens without training........it tends to crop up everywhere.
Most people will always have bias in their lives, many not even aware of it most of the time. Is that right or wrong? Its what is. Women are and may always be better at some things then men. And visa versa. Is this wrong? Is this bias? Is this natural?
I guess I would have to say in a 'perfect world' as long as someones bias does not negatively affect another humans choices, feeling and thoughts, then its OK. Otherwise its not OK.
Then again is it possible to have a 'perfect world' where nobody does anything that negatively affects another human? If thats what humans are striving for......if this perfect world is the striving point, is it possible or are humans doomed to failure and always have a world of them's and us's?

What do you think?

Its hard to say...Im still working on it....Its part of the big question......I feel though like most things theres no black and white or grey, but lots of diferent colours and shades. Judging and foretelling the future from past events has been one of humans dominant traits in assisting them in taking over the planet. However so is mass ignorance. Humans cannot automatically select where bias happens without training........it tends to crop up everywhere.
Most people will always have bias in their lives, many not even aware of it most of the time. Is that right or wrong? Its what is. Women are and may always be better at some things then men. And visa versa. Is this wrong? Is this bias? Is this natural?
I guess I would have to say in a 'perfect world' as long as someones bias does not negatively affect another humans choices, feeling and thoughts, then its OK. Otherwise its not OK.
Then again is it possible to have a 'perfect world' where nobody does anything that negatively affects another human? If thats what humans are striving for......if this perfect world is the striving point, is it possible or are humans doomed to failure and always have a world of them's and us's?

What do you think?

I think you think too much.

I think you think too much.

hahahaha.....hey he asked.:lol:

I feel no one can think too much, as long as they end up with an answer in the end.
Im looking for that answer.
Tis grand to question.

One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back