Members Gender?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the not knowing thing.
In conversation we judge others using a myriad of input and prejudices/prejudgement.
The less we know about that person, the less we can prejudge that person and instead we must accept them as a being, not a "You fit in this coloured box" concept.

My sex is.................
Earthling.

like has been said, if you dont want to use it you dont, if you do it would be able to be activated in your profile settings.....

boys:
blue.jpg

or
green.jpg

girls:
pink.jpg

or
purple.jpg

couples can have one of each back to back?

just an idea! im bored! :)

I think we had it for a while, most people lie anyway.

How strange that when we used to have people used to lie.

Anyway I'm of the opinion that they're not needed. I agree with earthling. It makes it much easier to make assumptions about the user based on sex, which (should) have nothing to do with their opinions.

like has been said, if you dont want to use it you dont, if you do it would be able to be activated in your profile settings.....

I think I didnt explain it so well....its not so much me that people dont know what sex I am that I like, but more that I dont know what other peoples sex is that I like. That way I cant prejudge them...apart from prejudging them as being human (though I have my doubts about some members.......:shock: ), and prejudging them from their previous posts/threads.

Thats not a bad idea, Everyone assumes im a male.... (SHe says in her deep voice)

I think it'd be alright to have the option to activate the gender sign. People always seem to think that I'm a guy. :lol:

I like the not knowing thing.
In conversation we judge others using a myriad of input and prejudices/prejudgement.
The less we know about that person, the less we can prejudge that person and instead we must accept them as a being, not a "You fit in this coloured box" concept.
Earthling.

I have never liked an opening conversation that includes the question about what sex a person is. It seems, to me, the asker is getting ready to pop a person in a predefined box. I like my conversation to be judged on the content, not the age/sex/hair colour of the person making it.

Would a persons thoughts or opinions on a thread that may be inclined to be of a particular gender bend, for example, a question about nailpolish, or car mechanics, be less inclined to be considered valuable input if it is seen to be coming from a member of the sex that topic is not normally associated with ? Sadly, experience tells me yes, this is so.

I prefer the ambiguity as it is now. I like to talk to people and am not worried what sex they are. If they are interesting or enjoyable to talk to, it doesn't matter.

:)

I'm still not too sure what sex I am :D

erm.

Well I'm still not too sure if I am classed as human eiverez eiverzez iveresez iriver?

erm.

Last edited:
I think if you want it then use it if u don't then don't, it would be nice to have the option.... and for anyone that would judge someone for thier gender then i consider that thier own problem and i wouldn't want to associate with them anyway so maybe it would be a good idea so we can fish out the sexist individuals...

By the way I'm not accusing anyone of being sexist its JMO....

I think if you want it then use it if u don't then don't, it would be nice to have the option.... and for anyone that would judge someone for thier gender then i consider that thier own problem and i wouldn't want to associate with them anyway so maybe it would be a good idea so we can fish out the sexist individuals...

By the way I'm not accusing anyone of being sexist its JMO....

Nearly everybody is sexist to some degree wether they know it or not.......humans use bias to understand and predict whats going to happen...its what humans are.

true....

and thats the reason i like my animals more than some people! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back