Membership Fee

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Administrator

With recent incidents, dad and I have been discussing a nominal yearly fee (payed once at registration and once each year) of about $5AU - payed automatically through PayPal.

All proceceeds would go to wildlife charity of some sort, discussed further in the forums.

What do you think about this idea?

I like the idea!! I think it's a great way to help out a little bit, also we could on top of that have a 'donation box' where people can donate money of their own free-will.

good idea but what bout another option of paying for us that dont have credit cards

(chopping up that thing was the best thing i ever done)

I think this is a good idea as nearly all over sites you have to pay to do classified ad's so why not do it yourself as an exception to you have to pay $10 for the herp trader.This could make your site even mor4e popular maybe.....

Cheers,
:D Jeremy :D

We can go either Electronic Bank Transfer, or PayPal can actually debit from a bank account too I think.

Good one

Yep! Good one Slateys! And I would add that maybe we should require a valid email address (not Hotmail, etc) to verify identity too. If all they have is a hotmail account, then they must provide some other form of identification (in confidence, of course).

Good one.

Why not make it an once a year or six months then people would be able to see if they like the site or not.
Some poeple (like me) may want to stay anoymous, a few people know me but still.

:)

Yep, I think they would, because they could still browse the site, but simply couldn't contribute unless they joined. They'd still get an idea about what the site is about from the posts and could decide for themselves if they wanted to join.

I think its a great idea, And it would be good to get involved and help out the herps abit, but one of the reasons I like this site is because it is free...Alota other sites you need to pay to register. And dont you think you would loosed some younger members? Their parents wouldn't be keen on them paying ( I know mine wouldnt ) 5 bucks isnt much, ( I'm not saying it is ) but unless its for a really good cause I wont be allowed to :(

P.S I got my new baby! He's called hunter and so far he is 20 inches :D I'll get some pics posted soon!

Maybe we could adopt a reptile at ARP? My parents would definately let me donate as much as I wanted to.....( They REALLY like ARP..... :roll: )

I think it's a good idea, just to weed out the deadwood... as greg said.
..and $5 is not a big deal, even to the youngest members... especially when it is going to a reptile related organisation... we hit 2 good causes with one stone that way...

Well if it does go to ARP, no worries there. I should be able to donate...Besides, it is my money, and it is for a good cause....
How much do you think we should donate? I get $25 per week for pocket money?

It was just an idea...Sorry for trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back