Membership Fee

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This site isn't just about herp info it's also about peoples opions and general herp chat about reptile prices etc. The fact that not everyone finds it useful doesn't really matter as along as people enjoy it.
Personally i think THAT other list has been a bit boring and slow of late and some of the others as well.
I doubt that too many members would give out address it's just not safe to do so all most members know of each other is a name.

What was the trouble thats was had. I must have missed that.

NoOne - That's exactly my point - This site IS different from the other, it's great. It's not a sledge. My concern is that the $5 fee will put people off, when the other one is free.

I like cheese....
Umm, I mean - I like APS!
The chit chat is just to keep interest when we have no herp related queries to ask or answer.
I don't think you can solve the problems we have had without either
a) Having all posts moderated before posting
or
b) closing the site down

Once again, I merely made a suggestion and I am not offended that that people in the witness relocation scheme don't want to give out their real name or address.
This thread is full of ppl saying SJ should do this and SJ should do that. I thought I would actually offer to help instead of sitting back and being an armchair expert.(Not offended)
ps. I don't think it is appropriate for moderators to swear in their posts

I think we should finish this topic now i will lock it tomorrow. Plenty of advice from everyone

Hi Guys,

After seeing people's responses, I see that Slatey's membership fee and Greebo's reg. mail ideas don't have much support, and fair enough.
I do kind of like half of bangle_ringlet's idea of a waiting period when a new account is registered though.

Maybe even a week would do it. It would stop people joining just to cause trouble, or re-registering immediately after being banned, and a week would give anyone in a trouble-making mood or a temper a chance to calm down.

Also, for the new member, maybe it would give them a chance to suss out and get a feel for the community before getting personally involved? Most new members probably do this anyway rather than rushing in to post...

I think a week would be too long for someone who only wanted to stir by posting wise-cracks to wait, but someone who wanted to join the discussion and ask herp-related questions would have plenty of stuff to read and keep them occupied during that time.

I don't think there should be any newbie forum though, I agree with Paul that there is nothing to be achieved by segregation.

Anyway that's my two cents.. just thought I'd chuck it in before ya locked it up Slatey.. you know you have my support however it goes. :)

I like the idea of a week's waiting period.
I think A lot of ppl join on the spur of the moment and are never seen again.
I think a good spring cleaning of the inactive memberships would be a good idea too.Someone was worried about being penalised for not posting but as long as you log on every now and then ,your account is still regarded as active.
I must say, my view of certain members has some what changed after this thread.

I?m toooo old for changes; :lol:
Leave the site as it is.
As Gregory said, ?when on a good thing, stick to it?.
My one-cent worth.
:wink:

OK OK bambinos I have the message.
Important is that what ewer opinion or advice came from this threat is noticed.
Another thing we all care about our group. You all demonstrated this.

i think that greebs idea of deleting the inactive members is a good one :wink: and also nicoles idea about the weeks wait when u sign up is also a good idea aswell, as it would keep the people who just sign up to see what its like but never use the forums away.

cheers
charles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back