Mental Health Issues?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how tough the circumstances can be mate. To wake up and be disappointed that you did, to loath yourself. To sleep for months. Just my opinion, if I have to be medicated to enjoy it, I don't believe I really would be.

Plus I'm worried about long term side affects. Eventually you'd have to up the dosage until it doesn't work anymore, and then what?

I get how you feel....I have only just in the last 10 months clawed my way out of the pits of hell(my own pit)I feel for you Kr, cause it is like the shell you've become is a mockery of your former self
the real key for this lock is to be correctly diagnosed, then work out a plan of treatment(non medicated, medicated)you can attack this on a few different levels. There are strategies and tools you can be taught to work through your feelings, moods etc. It is not as simple as laying down and spilling your guts to a stranger or telling some-one what you think they want to hear. You have to commit to freeing yourself from your pain, sometimes it can become habitual to feel this way(and in a strange way comforting and familiar)I feel Kr, perhaps you could open your mind to accept a program of mild meds plus alternative treatment eg joining mentoring programs etc(I am training in such a program)plus utilizing herbs and being taught meditation from a skilled practitioner(one thing that really helps me)I dont feel one single method is a fix all, I believe you need to have companion methods so they can bounce off each other and put you in your correct self. I would feel hurt that you could meander through your wonderful life not firing on all your 8 cylinders(that is like swearing)You deserve to find your real self again :) You can pm me anytime if you need to bounce off treatments ideas meds, My inbox is always open X

Thanks Crystal, I appreciate it. It just frustrates me that to be (somewhat) normal, I have to play mind games with myself when I never had to previously. A mockery of my former self is exactly right.

I've been given exercises to go through in my head. They work a bit, I guess...

I get where you are coming from KR, I'm relatively new to this my self, I never expected to end up like this and it does my head in, the anxiety, the sleepiness, the loneliness is incredible, it's quite amazing how lonely you can feel even while surrounded by people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back