Missing thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow down people.

There is no need to have a go on Luke. He have nothing to do with this.

Greg is promoting all sort of things here on many occasions. All he have to do is to ask administrators before he promote his business.
He is having a free ride and have not once ask me if that is ok. All the other business people making money by selling they product to our members are supporting this site. We all having free membership here just thanks to our sponsors and donors.
Since Greg is complaining about removing 2 posts of many he posted to get free promotion with out asking admins to do this, I would like to inform him that he is advertising business address as his private member signature. That is done also with out notification and I would like to ask him kindly to remove his signature with business address and phone number.
If this rules are not applied, we would have to close the door. I am sorry that this have to be done, but we have to survive somehow. For many years I suported this site and paid for all costs from my pocket. We are to big now and expensive to run. I don't have finances to pay for it my self anymore and things get bit tough.
Business paying to us for promotions must be protected against free promotion seekers.

Slateman

Probaly got a lot to do with Slateys love of Greggles lol thats goes back a long way, they might be having a lovers tiff :twisted:

I would like to make a few things clear.
Greg in no way is lining his pockets,all he is doing is helping a friend in need.Jan every single post I have made referring to the shop went thru admin first.I have been a member here for many years & I find this utterly rediculous.
I have never done a thing for your site nor made any donations?maybe you should have a look into things a bit more.I am a struggling self employed person trying to make it a bit better for reptile enthusiasts,i see now your this massive juggernaut the old loyal followers get the shunt.Yes we had our issues over the years but I thought that those days were gone,guess i'm wrong.
You let posts bout reptile shows at other centers & pet shops,aswell as numerous posts bout pet shops & herp suppliers that are not site sponsors.Lets face it Jan it cant be bout non sponsors more the fact its Greg posting it.
I really don’t know why i'm even bothering to reply to this but I hate to see Greg hung out to dry when all he is doing out of the kindness of his heart is helping me & Neville.
In today’s day n age with all the crap going on in the world,you take the time out of your important life to squash a small business.The worse thing about it all is that its all bout the money show you the money then I can post.

Neville has to be one of the true legends of this industry,if posting to a herp community about a performance of one of its greats is a wrong thing then what is right?
I can see by your actions Jan that you really don’t care to much about this hobby & more about your hip pocket.Maybe you should think back to the early days & ask yourself where are all the old time members?Nothing anyone has said,or will say will ever get you to stray from your own opinion,youve now made your thoughts on me & my business quite clear

Isn’t it amazing that 3 out of the first 4or5 aps get togethers were at Greg’s & my houses,your right Jan we have done nothing for you.But that’s right we didn’t pay you.
Id like to know what you consider donations,cash cash n cash?

I have stood by this site for many years,Jan you have not even walked into my shop so I guess that says to me I’m just a plain idiot.I mean what sort of person would tell all his clients about a site that is out to close them down.
I guess it’s only a one way streak & we should stop the free ride that we are having off you.
I apologize to you & your sponsors for any moneys that the few posts made might have detracted from your business.

I do care about this site its a pity its not a mutual feeling.You will post your usual non committal statement it’ll be swept under the carpet & another 500 members will come & go.Who really cares who the members are Jan aslong as the juggernaut keeps rolling.Youll just put it down to the usual troublemakers & not the fact of your hypocrisies seen through.

Fact all my posts re shop went through admin yes or no?
Fact Greg does not own the shop & does not profit from its promotion.
Fact I have donated financially out of my pocket for your site just never made it public.
I have done nothing to deserve this Jan & find it insulting you give the reasoning when it’s a common practice for other members to post with no issues.
I would like to thank the many aps folk that have supported my shop.
To all the great friends I have made over the years thanks for the memories.
Jan I will now say goodbye & thank you for the many years of aps.

Cheers Popp

I'm not going to get drawn into an argument so this is the only thing that I am going to say on this matter.
There have been many attempts at free plugs for various enterprises besides reptile city on APS that have been removed from the site.Obviously, not many people see them as they are removed as soon as a moderator spots them. Popp and Greg have not been discriminated against. There is no big conspiracy theory. Slateman is not responsible for removing them, he no longer moderates.
If we allowed people to advertise businesses for free then why would sponsors continue to pay to do so?
That's all I'm going to say.

I think everyone should get off that high horse tie it up out the front of shop 16/65 hallam rd hampton park and come and buy some of the best meat you will ever eat at "Stevo's Gourmet Meats"
This is not a plug as i am a non profit organisation this week as its been quiet..........

africancichlidau said:
Hey Souly, you've just been baptized as a mod :) No-one is really a mod till Uncle Gregs given you a blast :)

Awww, are you feeling left out Phil?
It's ok, I love you too.

I've tasted the meat from Stevo's shop and I can highly recommend it.

Gregory said:
Popp and Niv who own Sydney Reptile Supplies have been members of APS since it was a MSN group years and years ago. APS should show a little loyalty to it's members too I reckon.

Does that mean Slateman gets freebies from Sydney Reptile and Amphibian Supplies? :wink:

Quote:
I've tasted the meat from Stevo's shop and I can highly recommend it.

Thanks greg but that will be deleted by lunch so i thought i would quote it :lol:

Stevo's meats are excellent value. He is not exactly our local butcher but we often plan trips to his establishement and have never been dissapointed with the quality or value.

And Stevo is a great sponsor of this site having hosted an APS gathering and catered for others.

peterescue said:
Does that mean Slateman gets freebies from Sydney Reptile and Amphibian Supplies? :wink:

I don't think Jan's ever set foot in the shop.

Considering we are the only specialty Reptile shop in Sydney, if not NSW, you'd think he'd have at least come for a look.

I openly invite Jan to the shop this Saturday to see Neville's presentation.
You too Pete.

Cheers, Greg.

Pmsl Love the new signature

On a side note Stevo is very happy atm, as of June 2nd he is an unemployed butcher.

Pete if you reckon the rump is big wait till you see my sausage........................

I am sorry for misunderstanding here. I did not received any mail , and have not been contatced by Paramatta shop owners or friends regarding free adwertisment here or any adwertisment.
We are remooving lot of this attempt from other businesses and we will remove them in future to protect interest of APS.

Pop I am sorry but last few attempts to promote included signature promotion was done by Greg with out our knowledge, and I think that I should be approached. I understand that he is working for you and he is your friend, but he still have to go the right way about it. If you have problems and need help from APS to expose your shop, give me a call and we can discuss how to help you. But sorry, so far you did not aproached me about your dificulties.
Regarding your comment that all is about money, Administration of this site must come each month with large sum of money to pay APS running expenses. I hope that you realize that when we will be with out money, APS will have to dissapeer and many people will be upset. So yes money are extremely important.

To all commercial promotions: Please contact administrators first before publishing in our forums.

I am locking this thread now. There is no need for further discussion, it is just upseting to our forums.

This administrative arangements should be discussed between adwertiser and admin directly out of public forum.

I understand that there is many people who are friends with Paramatta shop and disagree with my action, but my job is to keep us going and Sorry, Gregs actions are not helping APS much to head that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back