mmmm cheap enclosure...think again

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dicky,
i started a thread about it because its a lesson learnt, you pay for what you get. I'm sure others have been in the same boat with both animals and enclosures. I have been buying stuff off the internet for a while now and was convinced i knew everything about safe buying, just shows how wrong i was. As i explained before i bought an indoor enclosure for my beardie because i am going away soon and it will be hard for dad to look after her when i am away as when i come back she would have just gotten out of burmation and dad would have to be feeding her live food and her salads daily as she has gotten very thin over winter :( If she is outdoor thats going to make it hard for him to catch her (i usually put her in a storage container to feed her crickets etc)... so i was desperate to find an enclosure before i went. I love telling people my life story (rolls eyes)

really feel for you there buddy hope your able to clean it out proper before introducing animals hope you only offered the druggies half the coin!! lesson lernt next time tell them to stick it in a fire goodluck!!

Was just asking a question , no harm meant . But i would have thought if it was so bad there was no reason for her to actually buy it .... And my post did have some helpful input about the F10 .

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes when you end up in a person's house after you've taken the time to drive there, organised a time for price & pick up time etc it's harder to say no than it is just to take the item & go - especially if you're a bit of a non- confrontational person. I think from reading the original post it wasn't immediately evident how bad the enclosure was until she started trying to clean it up. I've bought a few things that seemed ok on the surface & then when I've started investigating a bit more they turned out to be absolute bin-worthy crappola. Plus when you're getting it for a relatively "cheap" price, you often reason with yourself that you can fix it pretty cheaply & then when you go down that path it seems to always end up costing a fortune. :lol:

I probably would have been suss on the first pic cos it looked like it was taken by an analog camer, you know the ones with film inside not memory cards. So the pic was probably old and taken when they first got the enclosure. No matter, Keep on truckin

dismantelling the wiring is proving harder than i thought :\ it APPEARS the the plastic socket's wires are sandwiched between 2 blocks of MDF which is screwed onto the top of the enclosure then somehow the wiring that has the plug on the end of it has been thread through a tiny whole at the back. I am stuck as i dont really know anything about wiring hahahha. Not trying to get it working again just trying to get it out so that it can be replaced but its being difficult, anyone got any ideas?

dismantelling the wiring is proving harder than i thought :\ it APPEARS the the plastic socket's wires are sandwiched between 2 blocks of MDF which is screwed onto the top of the enclosure then somehow the wiring that has the plug on the end of it has been thread through a tiny whole at the back. I am stuck as i dont really know anything about wiring hahahha. Not trying to get it working again just trying to get it out so that it can be replaced but its being difficult, anyone got any ideas?

Good luck once you've got it sorted out....sorry to hear about the "bad buy", but thanks for sharing your learning curve. The pic looks great...don't know if I'd have climbed in there after all the festy comments.

found a ceramic fitting :)
kinda dismantled the enclosure we bought for the bredli thats just been kept in storage for a while because its still to big for her so i took the fitting out of that one lol i will need to remember to replace that. Will be fitting it tonight and will post up some pics and hopefully 2morrow will be the last of the cleaning and then get onto decorating :) all in all should be finished by monday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back