Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomc1992

Reaction score
im seriously considering getting a monitor im after a monitor with the most intelligence and reasonable size but not over the top
if anyone would give opinions on slightly tamable and rather intelligent types of monitors that would be awesome
im looking at the lacey at the moment but size and that fact it looks like it could rip me into is the deterent

cheers in advance
tom

lol something with too much inteligence could become a problem. possibly finding one that doesnt escape the enclsoure would be a better choice.
i think tame would be the word your looking for?
look on yutube sssnakeman is a legend he even shows you how to "tame"a lacie

Go the ackies mate! Just got a pair and they are absolutely bloody awesome!

re

id be looking at keeping outside and having something quiet large on the size scale
iv had a look at accies just too small for my licking

So then get a lacie like you originally suggested...

Or do you want something smaller than a lacie but bigger than an ackie?

mertens, my partner has kept most types of monitors and he seems to love the mertens the most :)

I have Mertons and Spencers, I find the Spencers much more handleable overall. The Mertons are flighty by comparison.

Maree

if u whant a majestic and large monitor.:p.get a lacey..i have a lacey..they make awsome pets,when respekted and treated properly,they also yeah need large enclosures indoors (mine cruizes round the house when he's not away)i keep him indoors since..outdoor enclosures are good (ecspecialy if u are in brisbane) but they tend to get their wild side back if kept outdoors and get defensive and are hard to get "tame".. iv heard.best is if u whant a lacey,keep him indoors,so he has as much human presence around him as much as possible (with a good couple of hides so he doesnt get stressed with ppl around)and plus ind oors u can get to interact with your monitor much more easily.also lacey's take time and ALOT of patience and have to play a trust game with them,try not to handle them at all for the first couple of months and let them approach u,until ur able to touch him gently and he'll crawl up on your arm..belive me they do when they get enough confidence.haha..anyway they are a awsome monitors to get,so beautiful, smart and intelligant,and i rekon become used to ppl easier than other monitrs since they are so inquizative,JUST they do get rather large,feeding times you need to be careful.but awsome and interesting lizard to have if treated and respected properly.
cheers
sean,,

do u want somethin that u can get out and hold a lot?

or sumthin that just looks good?
and fun to watch?

uhm thanks for everyones opinons and advice id be looking for something i can hold and enjoy as a pet to interact with so iv organised a meeting with a lacie at a freinds place soon
il be sure to let everyone know what i end up deciding

cheers tom

lol something with too much inteligence could become a problem. possibly finding one that doesnt escape the enclsoure would be a better choice.
i think tame would be the word your looking for?
look on yutube sssnakeman is a legend he even shows you how to "tame"a lacie
SSnakemans methods are very effective i would highly recomend anyone trying to tame any monitor to have a look at his vids on youtube they are working very well on a flighty spencers that i have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back