Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im throwing my lot in with Antmisk here . That looks like a gouldii to me, not wanting to play devils advocate or anything I.v :).

C'mon Dozer, that big roman nose in the original thread is a dead giveaway:)!

I don't know guys, I think it's a Gouldii due to the yellow tail tip (although the head does look like a Panoptes), I wasn't aware that Panoptes had this (mine didn't)?

I don't know guys, I think it's a Gouldii due to the yellow tail tip (although the head does look like a Panoptes), I wasn't aware that Panoptes had this (mine didn't)?

Don't make me research Chris.....aaargh:)!!

What about this? Though the Kimbeley animals have always appeared "different" from most assigned to panoptes to me. Where's crocdoc when you need him:)?!

Edit: Danny Brown's new monitor book has a table of distinguishing features of both, but I've just this minute had a callout for an RBB in a kitchen....back soon.

Attachments

• 27-03-2011 9;18;28 PM [1600x1200].jpg
    27-03-2011 9;18;28 PM [1600x1200].jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:
As you know I love that photo Richard, typifies Australia, it's an awesome Panoptes. But it's different from the other one as it hasn't really got a solid yellow tip/end on it's tail. I'll leave you to research it... & don't get bit :)

I'll never doubt you again I.V. like you said the honker gives them away:lol:

Apologies Dozer, I'm definately no expert :). Always keen to listen and learn, though. Chris has set me on the right path to redemption (along with help from Danny's monitor edition)....I'm now joining the gouldii camp on the original pics (the barring rather than spotting has swung it for me, along with the tail). That greeny/yellow colour and big roman nose looks similar to Top End panoptes that I recall and that's what threw me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back