monitors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakes_alive

Reaction score
Hi guy's,
I thought I would share with you the very first two monitors I've seen in the wild up so close. We (the family) went out to Glen Davis, The two best things about the whole place I caught on camera :D . I think they are lace monitors? am I right?

Oh mate I was over the moon, and two in one day. Yeah it was awesome. Still get a whopping big smile talking about it.

It's great seeing them alive in a tree rather than dead on the side of the road (which is the norm around here)

It's great seeing them alive in a tree rather than dead on the side of the road (which is the norm around here)

Ya joking, that's sad.
The only critter's I see running around down here have two leg's I think we call them kid's.

They are great, I see heaps of them around my area.

Thay are so great to see, I get a buzz every time. Some I've seen around here are pretty big buggers.

Will try to get photo's

Look forward to the photo's playwell.

If y'all like 'em so much, why don't you buy mine
So the price drops by 75% :shock: :shock: . Come on morgage, hubby and four kids :? , that's my best offer, (in my dreams) :lol: :lol: :wink:

My parents live just up the road from me and they have 2 lacies that come and eat out of the dogs food bowl,one is much bigger than the other,i'm guessing 5 foot easy....and the other day i spotted and hunted a spotted tree monitor Nth Qld form,got a good look at him but never got him for a pic,was spewing,it had a bright yellow head and throat,just gorgeous!!!!

Any herp that u find in the wild is a bonus. i love wild reptiles. so much fun to catch n all.

oh BROWNS your gunna have to keep your eyes open so next time you get that pic :) , Don't go any where with out your camera, glad you got to see it sounds awesome :D , wish I got to see it too :wink: :lol: .

i love wild reptiles. so much fun to catch n all.

Oh Liberated, all our friends thinks I'm warped because if I see something I have to catch it :? , The thrill of it, I love it and if hubby don't pull the car over quick enough I'm not happy :twisted: :lol: , Trust me he is getting heaps better :lol: , even turns the car around and takes me back :D .
I'm out of the car and after what ever it is and hubby and the kids stay in the car laughing at me :) . But hay mate I have a ball. The kids get to touch and feel, Than we let it go, And I have a huge smile :D .

Glad to hear I'm not the only one to do this.

haha - sounds like our household! My hubby is learning too, yesterday he picked up our boat and was driving back to Sydney from Newcastle. A turtle was crossing the road, so he parked over it so that no one could hit it and held up traffic going both ways until the turtle finished crossing lol - he got a few honks until he pointed to the turtle and told them to wait - amazingly enough they all then stopped honking and waited patiently. Gotta love a husband that'll do that (and in spite of having his mate in the car who was protesting!).

held up traffic going both ways until the turtle finished crossing lol - he got a few honks

Thats a classic mate, lol. I can piture it. My hubby would of been one of the ones honking,lol. As he drives trucks for a living and seem's to have lost all of his patience on the road, But me and the kids would have been cracking up.

Good on him, more should do it, so theres less roadkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back