Most docile australian T?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornacade

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I know most, if not all australian tarantulas are pretty defensive, but in your opinion what is the most docile species of australian tarantula?

2 of the most docile species i have encountered have been Selenotypus sp "Nebo" and Selenotypus plumipes

Ok I haven't kept many T's but I can definitely say it is NOT the strenuus! My girls rears up and hisses every-time I open the lid :lol:

i bought one many years ago from a petshop and while it was alive is was more scared of me, i could coax it onto my hand no probs and handle it and it never bite me.
No idea what species though as was from a shop and they are hopeless.

in my personal experience the selenotholus are one of the most highly strung spiders out there

i second that,

keep in mind that all Ts hav diff personalitys ;)

i hav a kotzmans that is a big sook, and they hav a rep for being rather 'eat u now ask questions later' kinda T ;)

it all comes down to the nature of the thing. some individuals of a species will be insane and some will be calm. just like any species.

it all comes down to the nature of the thing. some individuals of a species will be insane and some will be calm. just like any species.

+1.

Most people say Plumipes are pretty docile. I've had one that was awesome for handling, and my new one is a horrible little piece of hellspawn.

Same goes for all of them, really.

while yes, as you said it varies with the individual i believe he wants to know in general, what are the more docile species. If someone asked for a docile snake you wouldnt recomend a water python even though some are great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back