Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about a blue faze gtp? I heard that they sell for $20,000 here. I may be wrong, but thats what I heard.

'ultmate blue' is an exceptional hormonally blue GTP, i wouldnt pey to much extre for her, its not genetic. GTP's are already being advertised at 4K this season by a couple of breeders and they are some of the first advertised, they will either hold there for a while but i do believe with the number i have heard of being produced this season they (IMO) will have to drop further if breeders want to sell all this seasons stock. im thinking 3K mid next season.

albino olives are the most at the moment and i think they will stay above the rest for a bit longer yet. as said though, when something new pops up things will likely change, cant see albino womas being more then olives, they are easy to breed and will breed at 18months. jags will be a BIG thing when available, but considering the prices of them overseas and the potential number that could be produced, imo they should be around 3-4K, well thats what id happily pay.

taylor, the thread was about the most expensive snake in australia. you have lost track alittle with the snakes your naming. can someone please tell me what a jag is? ive thought it was just some hybrid jungle. this thead is really quite funny talking about the prices of morphs and how they drop. ive seen all this happen with breeding parrots. ill give you an example, their is a asian parrot called an idian ringneck. a violet mutation (morph) was produced and said to be smuggle to australia from holand as an un-hatched egg. the 1st 1 clutch to be sold, sold at $100000 a bird. now 7yrs later that mutation are selling for as low as $1000. so watch this happen in reptiles as more people breed these morphs

taylor, the thread was about the most expensive snake in australia. you have lost track alittle with the snakes your naming. can someone please tell me what a jag is? ive thought it was just some hybrid jungle. this thead is really quite funny talking about the prices of morphs and how they drop. ive seen all this happen with breeding parrots. ill give you an example, their is a asian parrot called an idian ringneck. a violet mutation (morph) was produced and said to be smuggle to australia from holand as an un-hatched egg. the 1st 1 clutch to be sold, sold at $100000 a bird. now 7yrs later that mutation are selling for as low as $1000. so watch this happen in reptiles as more people breed these morphs

its inevitable in most hobbie, the desired high priced animals have to drop in price as everyone starts to get them and breed them, sooner or later they will be everywhere and worth little. depends what your in the hobby for, you can spend 20K on a pair of animals that will obviously drop in price but i for one dont really give a hoot bout the money i get, if i cover costs im very happy if make a little extre for my efforts...well thats fantastic. albinos GTP etc etc will oneday be very cheap just depends on how long it takes.

its inevitable in most hobbie, the desired high priced animals have to drop in price as everyone starts to get them and breed them, sooner or later they will be everywhere and worth little. depends what your in the hobby for, you can spend 20K on a pair of animals that will obviously drop in price but i for one dont really give a hoot bout the money i get, if i cover costs im very happy if make a little extre for my efforts...well thats fantastic. albinos GTP etc etc will oneday be very cheap just depends on how long it takes.

i totally agree on this, taylor the reason why reps are so cheap in the us is because theres so many people breeding and selling them and over there hybrids arent frowned upon so a morph may be caused by cross breeding and no one would know

greg

There isnt much to play around with in terms of morphs for the albino olive is there? If not then I cant see them staying at such high prices, especially once all these other rumoured morphs start appearing and being enhanced in various ways through crossing etc. Leucistic bredlis, grantie MD's etc...

The albino darwins seem to provide a basis from which other morphs can be produced (semi legitimately), yet the olive seems lacking in that department. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

I dont know why everyone thinks that olives are hard to breed, as they are not. They are infact very easy to breed. Most people just get them way too fat in captivity, and imo this is the main reason why they have trouble breeding them. They are naturally a fairly slender python for their size, not so in most capive collections thou.
They also breed much earlier than most people think and will readily mate at 2 1/2yrs with eggs hatching at 3 yrs.

God only knows what the snow blackhead pythons will look like when they get round to breeding them!

White.

There are snakes which sell for far more than any albino Olive ever has (the first ever albino Woma, the first ever this, that and the other). Imagine having an albino snake which no one else has, that'd be cool!

does anyone know of anyone that is breeding albino, morphs etc in WA? I can only dream about them even if money wasnt an issue, because we cant import them to WA, and there are only a very small amount of Breeders/Dealers in WA compared to the east coast.

i heard rumor of albino GTP's. Anyone else heard such rumors?

"Whats the most expensive snake in Oz?"
Thats the snake you've spent hours building a enclosure for;
time; effort; cleaning and feeding....makes for one expensive childrens ;)

I would say albino olives at the moment but who knows what will be out in a decade?

well there is my het albino / hypo taipan x adder x horned viper im breeding with this season.

but within all reason
as stated before the albino olive ATM is the most costly.

however there has been some albino red tailed boas floating around aus recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back