Multiple GTP Species?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the species and sub-species are digestible. How much longer is the Green Tree Python going to be in the Morelia genus before it revers to Chondropython?
If I can draw an analogy - it's like some of the so called "tree frogs" in the genus Litoria. They couldn't climb a tree to save their lives! Taxonomists should take a compulsory course in ecology, me thinks.

And sensibility!

Take water pythons as another example. They are gentically more different from the NT to QLD than some localities are different from olive pythons. Yet they are are still classified as the same species!

Actually, the species and sub-species are digestible. How much longer is the Green Tree Python going to be in the Morelia genus before it revers to Chondropython?
If I can draw an analogy - it's like some of the so called "tree frogs" in the genus Litoria. They couldn't climb a tree to save their lives! Taxonomists should take a compulsory course in ecology, me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back