Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so i guess u have your advanced license? , i must say i do like womas even tho come food time they arnt the smartest thing going around. the tail wag and head bob are funny to see , i started out with 1 woma and now i have 6 lol .

I started with 1 and now have 11 adults....... Lol

I 2 would like to get a roughie for my next snake! and a GTP..... and a woma...... tho the other half is not keen on me turning the study in2 a snake room! cant understand why tho as he has the shed i use the study so why not make it look amazing while im doing my uni work with some amazing snakes!!!!!

Anyone have any info about roughies that they could pm me id be very happy!! Anything about enclosures etc would be g8! Do they hide much?! As i have a stimmie she is 99% of the time in her hide unless its night! Sorry 2 take over the thread with my q's!!!

Pm sent.

In regards to Roughies hiding, mine are out in the open about 90% of the time, always sitting on there branches for everyone to see, the only time mine hide is after a big feed and when there in shed.

Wow, the eyes on the roughie are amazing. But then again that is a gorgeous GTP. Morgan, you didn't make the decision any easier!!
I think I'm going to go with a roughie for now. They're a pretty unique and rare python, and from what I've heard they have very interesting personalities.
...and then I'll get a woma
...and then the GTP
...then another twenty snakes

I recently got a GTP and I'm soon to be getting a RSP. I'll get a Woma or 2 when I have the funds and find 1 or 2 I like.
Then there is everything else I want.
Don't not get an Olive. Please. They are amazing. You have a BHP, they get big. Get your own joint. Get a baby so it will grow with you and all that stuff. Assure your parents you won't get it out for cuddles unless someone else is around and all will be swell.
You sound like me.
We are of similar age.
Have similar interests and thoughts and live close.
Lets be friends :D
You must be nearly as excited as me about the Expo in Feb!

I thought SR has roughies coming up,priced abit more than womas,but alot cheaper than GTP's

When you choose a snake be sure to research it thoroughly before buying, I've seen heaps of threads on here from people who have bought snakes and are asking questions they should have known the answers to before purchasing the animal. Good luck with it :)

Don't not get an Olive. Please. They are amazing. You have a BHP, they get big. Get your own joint. Get a baby so it will grow with you and all that stuff. Assure your parents you won't get it out for cuddles unless someone else is around and all will be swell.
You must be nearly as excited as me about the Expo in Feb!
Oh don't worry, I am most definitely getting an olive, they're my favourite snake ever. I'm just going to wait until I have a more permanent living arrangement, can offer it a super large enclosure and don't have house mates that will freak when it gets large. Until then I'll have to be content playing with them at work.
And yes, I'm so excited for the expo!! It'll be my first ever, can't wait to see what it's like!!! :D

When you choose a snake be sure to research it thoroughly before buying, I've seen heaps of threads on here from people who have bought snakes and are asking questions they should have known the answers to before purchasing the animal.
I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the roughie and have a few months to be clear on husbandry requirements. It's a bit tricky finding info on them because they are such an uncommon species. However, Mike Swan's "Keeping and Breeding Aussie Pythons" has a decent section on them, and I've been chatting to several breeders about the requirements.

So unbelievably excited. This is going to be the longest wait for Christmas ever. I feel like a kid again! :)

I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the roughie and have a few months to be clear on husbandry requirements. It's a bit tricky finding info on them because they are such an uncommon species. However, Mike Swan's "Keeping and Breeding Aussie Pythons" has a decent section on them, and I've been chatting to several breeders about the requirements.

So unbelievably excited. This is going to be the longest wait for Christmas ever. I feel like a kid again! :)

Great choice, wouldn't mind one of those myself, apparently they're a good snake to have and I've heard good things about their temperament.

Here's one of our male roughie I took especially for you this morning Stella :)

IMG_5729.jpg

Great choice in snake, they are so different from everything else around and are ssssoooo pretty in real life - no matter how many photo's I take of these amazing animals I still haven't been able to capture their beauty!

Wow Morgan, he's gorgeous! I love the photo, thanks for sharing it =) although now you're making the wait even harder! About to put a deposit on a roughie that's expected to hatch in a few weeks. So excited, couldn't sleep last night, ha ha

Make sure the Roughies eating rats before you get it, as they can be tricky to get eating properly as hatchlings.

Oh good, I'm glad you'll have an Olive eventually and get to play with some in the meantime. That makes me happy. Hehe.
It also makes me happy that you are reading up, asking questions, talking to breeders, etc. Research is oh so very important and so many people don't do it. Soak it up girl. I love learning! Especially if it's about something you LOVE.
I see you have 'Keeping & Breeding Australian Pythons', that would be my first suggestion of books if you are keen on flipping through some good info but my second is 'The Complete Carpet Python'.... I have that too and haven't read it word for word as of yet but I'm imagining it will soon become my 2nd/3rd bible.
I'll be at the Expo from open to close, so I WILL see you there, it's more exciting than Christmas for me :D

:eek: *dribbles*
Good choice of substrate, good choice of python, nice log. You've got it going on!
I can't wait to hold mine. Look into her eyes, see the shape of her head in my hands.

Hmmm decisions, decisions...

Well there all beautiful pythons!!

Your doing the right thing & researching all of them.
I personally keep GTPs & Roughies out of the three you are considering. I really like arboreal pythons & setting up their enclosures with braches & silk/plastic plants etc.
GTPs are not as difficult to keep as some people suggest, they just have some different requirements. Getting well established animals from good backgrounds is the main key.

Hopefully I'll see you at the expo, fingers crossed I'll have some RSP hatchies there on the day.

Andrew

Attachments

• B1 (10) crop.jpg
    B1 (10) crop.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 34
  • F3 Male Head Shot.jpg
    F3 Male Head Shot.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Roughie1.jpg
    Roughie1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 38
Status