Murray Darling Carpet Pythons in QLD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraE87

Reaction score
I'm living in Adelaide with my Murray Darling and will be relocating to Mackay next year. I'd love to take my little fella with me but I'm concerned about how he'll do in the humidity up there. Literature on this topic is very sketchy!

Are there any Queensland folk who keep these pythons that could shed some light on the effects of humidity on this species? I'd be very cut if he couldn't make the trip with me!

Cheers!

G'day Sara,

They are very hardy Carpet Pythons who will handle the humidity well. They are virtually no different to Coastal Carpets, apart from their colouration.

Cheers

I'm living in Adelaide with my Murray Darling and will be relocating to Mackay next year. I'd love to take my little fella with me but I'm concerned about how he'll do in the humidity up there. Literature on this topic is very sketchy!

Are there any Queensland folk who keep these pythons that could shed some light on the effects of humidity on this species? I'd be very cut if he couldn't make the trip with me!

Cheers!

Plenty of keepers breed this species on the Queensland east coast with no problems. Within their native distribution (the MDB) they occur along permanent watercourses which are very humid environments. I even give mine a spray of water weekly this time of year, which stimulates them into activity.

I live in Darwin, and my MD is a happy little camper! You just get to save money on heating.:D

I live in Mackay :) They do fine, well so far... but I know someone breeding an adult pair of murrays up here. They are fine :) You will require no heating for them... thats a bonus... except in winter of course... but on hot days a cold pack may be beneficial. :) any questions I am happy to help (Im a snake noob but I know mackay whether well and how I have been coping with my animals).

Thanks for the replies guys! Good to know I won't need to expect any problems with humidity. I'll definitely keep a close eye on him after the move but this makes me feel a lot better.
Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back