My 2nd enclosure is finished! YAY! Check it out.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 30368

Reaction score
SP and SWCP enclosures :)

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 218
Great Job!! Where do you get your supplies from? Artificial plants, logs hides etc?

Very stylish mate. I hope the animals appreciate the amount of effort that many of us put into their enclosures... :?

To be honest, the reptile shops charge way to much for anything in their shops. I only buy things from them that you just can't get anywhere else. But all my greens and stuff come from the cheapest red-dot and reject shops you can find! :) The ground forrest look came to a grand total of $30 for the plants. And i just discovered a discound pet supply store that charges 50% less on their "reptile one" products. Plastic plants are everywhere, big-W, kmart, $2 shops. Just gotta keep a look out for them :)

Great Job!! Where do you get your supplies from? Artificial plants, logs hides etc?

Looks very nice :) Such a pleasure to view nice displays.

You can araldite a small knob on the first sheet of glass to use as a handle to stop finger marks. (Don't do it on the rear one as it will smash when you move the front one over it.)
Sand as a substrate is illegal in WA for keeping pythons on. But at worst you get a written warning.

You can araldite a small knob on the first sheet of glass to use as a handle to stop finger marks. (Don't do it on the rear one as it will smash when you move the front one over it.)
Sand as a substrate is illegal in WA for keeping pythons on. But at worst you get a written warning.

Better to use these - Virides - Stylish Enclosure Enhancements ;)

this is not sand. its crushed wallnut shells that was sold to me by a licensed reptile trader. Very safe for the snake. And to make sure she doesn't eat it, i feed her in a plastic container so there is no chance it'll get on her food. As for the SWCP, he eats in the tree so he doesn't get anywhere near it when eating :)

i replied to this, but for some reason its not showing on here? Any who, its not sand, its wallnut shells and was sold to me by a lisenced reptile dealer. So its very safe for her. And to make sure she doesn't eat it, i feed her in a plastic container so there is no chance of it getting on her food. The SWCP eats in his tree, so i dont worry about him eating the crushed wallnut shells. :)

i simply screwed some hooks strait into the wood. easy as! :)

They look fantastic.
Just wondering, how did you secured the fake vines in the first 2 pics?

Last edited:
Love the enclosures. Do stimmies climb?

I cant believe that. I mean, many species live in sand dominated environments in the wild, you would think that it would be a requirement for sand to be in the enclosure. Nothing wrong with the snakes digesting a bit of sand, helps with digestion. :)

I have been told they climb, but mine doesn't. She hides in her heat rock 24-7 and only comes out for food or if i take her out.
As for the "sand" issue - i have never heard of it being illegal, but i wouldn't be shocked or suprised if thats true. But i am happy with the wallnut shells cause its clean and safe when used right. I have read not to use sand out your garden, but i thought that might be due to mites, and viruses etc.

ahh my mistake. Cool, nice looking substrate.
Yeah BWS no sand.. crazy isn't it... Especially for Woma's and BHP's

I have been told they climb, but mine doesn't. She hides in her heat rock 24-7 and only comes out for food or if i take her out.
As for the "sand" issue - i have never heard of it being illegal, but i wouldn't be shocked or suprised if thats true. But i am happy with the wallnut shells cause its clean and safe when used right. I have read not to use sand out your garden, but i thought that might be due to mites, and viruses etc.
You may find it climbs more as it gets older and when the ambient temps get a bit higher. It's been quite cool here in Perth. My stimi's haven't been active for awhile now. But come summer they are climbing all over the place at night.

Wow nice setup mate...what did it cost you? ... What r u using for heat?

I'm using the ceramic bulbs from lucky reptiles, it's been great and they last ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back