My Ackie - Pictures!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKeeper

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Check out my Ackie, I got her yesterday thanks to Jason at Reptile City!

Here are some pics:

dsc00345rz6.jpg

dsc00346vz6.jpg

dsc00347on3.jpg

dsc00348uz0.jpg

dsc00350xc2.jpg

Also how old/big should she be before I put her on sand?

And Any suggestions for a name? Female, 2 Syllables.

OH ok i got my first two a couple of mnths before christmas, they eat so much!!! And are very active, post some pics of ur set up, also i have a question for this thread.........Is it possible to feed accies just pinkies? If so how many would be suitable to give a day and will i need to provide a calcium supplement?

Insects are a much better staple diet than pinkies which i only offer as a treat. Mine went straight onto sand without hassles. I find for hidespots a stack where they have access to contact from above and below is better than the den style thing there. Its also important that they have a hot basking site. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Wow thats amazing i always thought hatchling accies were bigger then that, thanks for sharing

Any ideas for temps?

I have been told like 5 times to have the basking spot at 70, but my dad thinks it's too hot...

not 70degrees air temp but yes 70 degress ground temp make a stack of tiles top temp 70 lowest being around 35 then the cool end around 25

Yea you need to get it quite hot 55C+ mines in the 60s though. I just have a 75 watt reflector globe roughly 15cm from the basking site. The light is on all daylight hours with no thermostat.

Congrats on your purchase DragonKeeper. Jason and Michel sell very nice Ackies. Makes me want to get one.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was she?

DragonKeeper - Yes, put it on sand - it will be fine...

Definately build a stack for it and cook it - VERY hot temps...

Ackies are a fantastic reptile, this certainly won't be the last Monitor your purchase! :D

what sand for an ackie?

washed play sand from bunnings?

bump

I use washed beach sand from my local nursery - usually called Sydney Sand or Botany Sand...the playsand is basically the same thing, except I get mine for $4 for 5kg...

Red sand is good, and has the benefit of holding burrows much better as it takes longer to dry out - I don't like the red stain it leaves on the animals stomachs though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back