My Ackie - Pictures!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use washed beach sand from my local nursery - usually called Sydney Sand or Botany Sand...the playsand is basically the same thing, except I get mine for $4 for 5kg...

i work at bunnings so i get discount haha so it doesnt phase me... i want an ackie, are they best kept alone? i only want one unless i need more.. not that interested in breeding at the moment, still with the parents :rolleyes:

so far i got george my coastal, next on my list a couple of pygmy beardies, then an ackie ^_^
(then when i move out i better watch my wallet hahaha ill be getting all sorts frogs, gecks, more snakes, dragons etc)

sorry to hijack thread i dont mean to!

Nat ;)

Okay, she has a stack...

I am already planning to get a Storrs, Lacie, Mertens, Perentie, Komodo! Damn, I will have to move overseas...

Lol, thanks...

As you should know...& knowing the guys ,Jason & Michel
they keep majority of everything on sand...,pebbles..she was probably already living on it!
Any feeding q's ...give them a call...
if they bred her she could be a sandfire , the dame is a stunner...real red!

Great choice!

Ive gotta ask..how long is she?

As you should know...& knowing the guys ,Jason & Michel
they keep majority of everything on sand...,pebbles..she was probably already living on it!
Any feeding q's ...give them a call...

Great choice!

Jason suggested not to put her onto sand until shes older...

Were you talkins to me about the red ackie?

Also, have you seen Jason and Michel's Beautiful red beardie? She was egg bound and they nearly lost her, if the babies turn out anything like her I want them, but she only hatched one this year...

yes... took the fam down to see them in mid Jan...
the red is putting on stacks of weight.,she was gravid & not great whern they got her...she is in the right hands!,.actually never seen any as red!, only one hatchie made it ... dont think they will sell that one,you may have to wait... even a deposit on next seasons would be a must from her!

Yes...was talking to you about the sandfires, if the one you bought is one they bred....your girl & mine are sisters... but she is 13 months ,just put her next to a 10c piece... seems she may not be much bigger than yours!
she has had health problems though...dont stress, yours is fine!

yes... took the fam down to see them in mid Jan...
the red is putting on stacks of weight.,she was gravid & not great whern they got her...she is in the right hands!,.actually never seen any as red!, only one hatchie made it ... dont think they will sell that one,you may have to wait... even a deposit on next seasons would be a must from her!

Yes...was talking to you about the sandfires, if the one you bought is one they bred....your girl & mine are sisters... but she is 13 months ,just put her next to a 10c piece... seems she may not be much bigger than yours!
she has had health problems though...dont stress, yours is fine!

Cool, thanks...

I will tell you her length in a second...

I love the two dogs at Reptile City... And the Water Monitors...

what do you mean by 'sandfire' in relation to a ridge-tailed. sandfire is a word created by the sandfire ranch overseas, it is used as a moprh name for bearded dragons who came fromt heir lines, caracteristics being highely patterned, in a yellow or orange phase.

im in the process of getting one of URS's ridge tail hatchlings, they are only 12cm at the moment, far smaller than your little bugger.

MoRT_H_01.jpg

obviousely that is just one of the five monitors they have, i am waitign for an individual photo, but they are all from the same clutch and 'same colours' i can only hope its the one in the pic ;)

i wont be going straight to sand, paper towel at first, then to tile with some sort of digging substrate. im yet to make a choice with 'just sand' as they cant really dig or create a burrow as they would probably like to. i want to get a load of pipes, etc. to act as the tunneling system they would create below the ground.

good luck!! and it sure is a little cutie... i love how he tried to hide behind his tail...

P.s. i am paying $185, $50 shipping, and $20 for the import licence.

you got a deal !!

Kirby said:
what do you mean by 'sandfire' in relation to a ridge-tailed. sandfire is a word created by the sandfire ranch overseas, it is used as a moprh name for bearded dragons who came fromt heir lines, caracteristics being highely patterned, in a yellow or orange phase.

Lol. Kirby, do you not know anything about monitors???

Kirby - Please do some form of research regarding Ackies before yours arrives - that is a terrible setup you have planned...

Tiles? I have no idea where you pulled that concept from - I presume an American Beardie site...? possibly the same one you got your information regarding Sandfire locality Ackies...?

It is irresponsible for you to be offering terrible advice to legitimate questions...please think before you type in the future...

what do you mean by 'sandfire' in relation to a ridge-tailed. sandfire is a word created by the sandfire ranch overseas, it is used as a moprh name for bearded dragons who came fromt heir lines, caracteristics being highely patterned, in a yellow or orange phase. ..

Sandfire is a place, nothing to do with Yanks, seriously.
No more google for you, perhaps your in a drunken rage?

I know that people say to give a new herp a day before feeding, but it has benn two and I offered a cricket and she licke it and then stepped over it...

I am not worried but is there any way I can stimulate a feeding response?

i wasnt plannign tiles as the whole substrate. just a feeding area. ;)

i asked a question, thank you for answering it australis.

Aslan, i wasnt offerign advice, i was sharing my 'plans' i didnt say, this is the best way.

other than tile, which i stated i also wanted an area of sand or other diggign substrate, which i was thinking a clay and sand mix. not got my midn set on it. there shouldnt be a kicking fit about papertowel over newpaper whislt its only just a hatchling at 12cm.

im welcoming your suggestions and advice. i AM new at monitors, and i AM still learning. ;)

i am well aware, a monitor is very different to a beardie. theres no need to catagorise me.

sandfire ackies are a locality ackie :) not some wierd american ranch ackie

i wasnt plannign tiles as the whole substrate. just a feeding area. ;)

i asked a question, thank you for answering it australis.

Aslan, i wasnt offerign advice, i was sharing my 'plans' i didnt say, this is the best way.

other than tile, which i stated i also wanted an area of sand or other diggign substrate, which i was thinking a clay and sand mix. not got my midn set on it. there shouldnt be a kicking fit about papertowel over newpaper whislt its only just a hatchling at 12cm.

im welcoming your suggestions and advice. i AM new at monitors, and i AM still learning. ;)

i am well aware, a monitor is very different to a beardie. theres no need to catagorise me.

ackies dont need tiles for thier feeding area in the wild they live in rocks and sand which is what you should be providing in captivity for them :)

DK, do you have any small roaches on hand? do you know what the breeder fed it? its early days, i wouldnt be suprised if it was just relocation stress. then again, these are guesses ;)

ask the breeder what they fed it also try some cat food (singles not fish type) or roo mince it may have been eating that another thing is it may be scared of you (no offence :p) have you tried leaving some crix in thier with him (before leaving the crix in thier put them in the fridge for roughly 25 mins ) as kirby said htough i would try roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back