My AHG's new home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I bought a little Asian House Gecko yesterday from a pet shop yesterday selling him as pet food. I couldn't bear to let the little guy die so I bought him and set up a nice little home for him. He seems to really enjoy climbing up all the branches and laying on his rocks (the tank the pet store kept him in had nothing at all but bareness and newspaper) and LOVES his hide. He ate 4 mealworms on his first night and did his business on his favourite branch. Right now he's sleeping in his little purple house. I called him Cujo.

This is a photo I took of him last night on his branch:

Picture350.jpg

Here are some photos I just took after adding a few more things into the tank:

Picture358.jpg

Picture355.jpg

Picture357.jpg

Picture356.jpg

I can't wait for him to wake up and explore his new playthings, especially the little hollow log I put in there. What do you guys think? I hadn't gone in with the intention of buying a gecko but couldn't leave him there to die so I slapped and enclosure together with what I had. I think it looks alright. Also thinking of going back there and getting him a friend. Big enough for two?

I would get rid of the hide box its massive for such a small gecko, also you dont know what effect keeping him in a purple box could have on his sexuality :lol: All you need for it to hide in is some more leaves and bark on the floor.

I still think you would be better off going topless too ;)

Haha oh no, the other geckos will see him in purple :eek: . But seriously, he spends all his time in there. It's the smallest box the shop had and he loves being in it, especially sticking to the roof upside down. It's his bed.

And I think your top off thing is a pretty good idea but knowing me, I'd do it wrong and he'd escape. I couldn't risk it when I can just buy another gecko to put in there to keep him company, and buy them both food. They can share the purple box or one can stay in the log. I think if he chooses the log over the box tonight, i'll get rid of the box. If he sticks with it, so will I.

Ashleigh, you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
Cris is talking about this all natural gecko enclosure that you can have the lid off. You attach a light and this special stuff that geckos cant climb (therefore cant escape) and the bugs come in and the gecko gets fed free of charge. Plus other geckos jump in for food and cant get back out unless you pick them up.

Well I disagree since he was the one who informed me about topless tanks. Saves you money in the food department but I went against it; therefore why he's saying "I still think you should go topless".

Well I took it as the gecko house and that's that. Regardless of what you think, I don't take every single comment posted at me as a sexual one. Quite opposite infact.

And can we not turn my innocent gecko house board into some massive sexual thing? I'm asking opinions on my enclosure setup, not on anything else so just drop the subject and stick to the ontopic one.

I think he was talking about the gecko house but using it to make a smart ar5e comment as well. Nothing wrong with that done in good taste, IMO

Well I now think that is what all the guys think of you on here now..

Then that's their problem. I'm here right now to talk about my gecko and they can all get stuffed if they wish to provoke me in another manner. Got it?

hello just a idea , when my stimmi first came home a globe box was his preferred hide but was a lil big still , a herp store told me to try shredded paper in it to start with ....worked a treat n i just lessened the shredded paper each time i renewed it n now he is begger n settled into normal hides n his viv ....hope this helps

Ahh thanks. I might try that. I think Cujo would love having shredded paper to dig around and burrow into. :D

it is funny as to watch lotsa russlin no animal!!

Horsy,

Dont you have any wild asian house geckos aroubnd your home??

You could just catch another one...? Or many more or...

I had a day at the beach and wanted to share that. Get over it. I didn't have pics and they all asked to see them. Deal with it. I'm talking about reptiles NOW. Get over the past. Ever since I got my gecko all I've posted is reptile boards because I want to learn absolutely everything about caring for him correctly. I'm over all that crap in the past so you get over it to. Especially since it doesn't really concern you anyway.

One of the main advantages of NOT HAVING A LID(is that ok?) is that you dont have to worry about the gecko escaping when you need to do something in the cage, like cleaning for example.
You just need to make sure no cats, birds or whatever else cant get in and eat him.

Even if you keep the lid on it would be a good idea to coat the top edge with fluon so it doesnt run out when you need to take the lid off.

Haha. Like the mealworms I have. They are in sawdust and at first I thought there were none in there until I poked the dust and it just erupted in movement.

There are a few every now and then but we have hardly any at our house. I wish we had alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back