My AHG's new home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's quite obvious to everyone that I love these 'pests' and am keeping one as a pet. She doesn't need to say she feeds them to her lizards infromt of me. I might not like a pet somebody else owns but that doesn't mean I go around saying "Aww yeah, everytime I see one of those in my garden I like to throw it across the road" or some crap. It's something I'd keep to myself because I know it'd hurt the receiver's feelings.

Well maybe i love mice & rats.. but i dont care when people go on talking about how they feed them to their snakes.

And i htink you flew off the handle a lil too much here.. shes apoligised and everything.. its true that they are pests, get over it.. just cause you like them doesnt mean everyone else has too.

Well she has been coming to most of my threads and saying things to put me down. I have every right to take offence to it. She's been nothing but rude to me and she doesn't deserve my kindness back. She might had apologized for that but there's a lot of other things she hasnt apologized for.

i know someone who owns a petshop and its illegal to sell them . they are pests.

Under what law? i would be interested to know, no government body local or state i spoke to said they were illegal although i havnt checked the laws regarding petshops.

Rocket, in qld they are not pest species so they cant be kept as you could an axolotl, unless there are some local laws against it(unlikely). You dont even need a permit or anything.

As for them being a pest that isnt known either way, but one thing is for sure we wont be getting rid of them.

cris, when did I call them a pest?

everybody is entitled to their opinion no matter the subject, but melgalea is just trying to start trouble by saying awful things. Of course, no body said that anybody had to like anything that the person does but why would you say something like that? Jealous of Horsy maybe?

She loves her reptile as does every herp owner on APS loves there own. Dont put her down cos she loves a species some people dont.

Shawn

She's put me down many, many times today. Her insulting my pet is just another tick off the checklist. She just can't get over herself. She hates me so much yet insists on following me from board to board.

cris, when did I call them a pest?

everybody is entitled to their opinion no matter the subject, but melgalea is just trying to start trouble by saying awful things. Of course, no body said that anybody had to like anything that the person does but why would you say something like that? Jealous of Horsy maybe?

She loves her reptile as does every herp owner on APS loves there own. Dont put her down cos she loves a species some people dont.

Shawn

I meant to say they are not a declared pest which is what determines their legal status, this doesnt mean that they arnt pests as canetoads arnt declared pests here either.

I just checked him. Definately a male. Haha. Little guy needs a girlfriend.

Hehe. He LOVES his purple box. Sleeps up in one of the top corners. I'm so addicted to watching him. Can't find any AHG around the house thoughfor a companion :(

Sorry Cris, took your comment the wrong way.

Shawn

Last edited by a moderator:
regardless of how other people may feel (about this species), i think the general concensus amongst most other people would be to have a companion, you may just have to go back to that shop.

And how many did someone say you could have togther in that tank... 4, sheesh that's a bit much, or maybe i'm just used to seeing aviaries with a colony of water dragons :?

I just recently got my work mate hooked on geckoes and i got him a tank through work (one of the exo-terra ones) and i reckon if you were thinking of branching out a tank like that would be awesome (it comes with a free background :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back