My beef with our gay rights!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers guys, that answers the question lol

I know we can turn ourselves on kinda, but I meant like how straight people check out other sex and gay people check out people of the same sex, being the same sex do they get turned on looking in the mirror if they are hot etc.

The pope just came out an said only a few weeks ago that HIV/AIDS is gods punishment to gays. *** ?!?!?!?!?! Burn in hell you sadistic old man! It was also said by him that elderly priests who are found to have been pedophiles in their younger years should not be punished !!!!! Well if people are taking advice from this man then god help humanity!!!
For those who are interested, there are GAY RIGHTS RALLIES in many capital cities this saturday the 20th november! Go and show your support.... PLEASE.

What the ****** is wrong with the pope? if he thinks pedophiles should not be punished and he says that, imagine what he has done in his childhood?

Also imagine if the pope was gay... LOL.

Will

The argument of whether homosexuality is caused by environmental or physiological factors will never be solved because it is the kind of think that can't be proved either way. As a science based student, personally I believe that there is a physiological difference that contributes in a minor way to homosexuality, though I believe it is largely based on environmental factors. That said, doesn't really matter what makes you gay, as they say "we're here, we're queer, get used to it". Homosexuals may not be allowed to get married, which some will fight for and some will fight against, but being treated as equals is something everybody regardless of their sexual orientation should be afforded.

though I believe it is largely based on environmental factors. .

I really don't understand this argument. As i have said in my previous post. My dad is a brickie. I grew up surrounded my motorbike racing. V8's. hard labour etc. RBB's sone grew up in rural QLD too.

????????????????????????

Some muslim countries hand out capital punishment for same sex relations! I just think any gay in Australia should thank their lucky stars they were born into a westernised culture, where they have the right to rally for anything.......

Some muslim countries hand out capital punishment for same sex relations! I just think any gay in Australia should thank their lucky stars they were born into a westernised culture, where they have the right to rally for anything.......

So because there are other countries who aren't as progressive as ours...... we should settle for unequal rights???

I really feel for other individuals who are persecuted etc..... but as the western societies bring EVERYTHING to equal, then it puts even more pressure on the more developing countries.

And the gay people amongst us are asking for something. I'm listening.

I tell you one thing though! if i was a horses hoof i surely would not want a certificate from a religion that thinks that my lifestyle is an abomination!
donks

religion has nothing to do with a legal licence certificate of marriage, so there for the arguement and point are moot.

Thank you Snowman, I find it very hypocritical that some people are on here complaining about how people aren't being treated equally and then put religious people down. EVERYONE is entitled to have an opinion as long as they're not being pushy with it... I hate it when people are pushy!

RBB, this is a great thread and I wish you and your son all the best. I have a family member and a friend who are gay, and they get put through unnecessary crap. They're people too, and if someone doesn't like what they do they can stay away, and shut their mouths.

whilst everyone has a right to their opinion taglia, people DON'T have the right to suppress the rights of other consenting adults.
religious people (generalising) tend to do just this, and church groups most defiantly.
it isn't hypercritical at all to call upon the religion for their views when they themselves wish to restrict the rights of others.

pushing for equal rights isn't being pushy, it's being FAIR.
the same as you have the right to vote because there was a push in the 50's for it. it was seen as unnatural for women to be outspoken, have jobs or have a say in a man's would, would you like to go back to that era?

For anyone wanting to use the bible / christian mythology as a justification against homosexuals marrying, do you also appose Muslims marrying in Australia?
Do you think the earth is flat?

Snowman do you think APS users being herpers, and herpetology being a branch of science, is a reason for this? Citizens with a greater appreciation of the sciences tend to understand (if not completly understand) evolutionary theory.

Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back