My carpet python bit me!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougie210

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just got my first bite, from a reptile i own! As i have been bitten by snakes in shops, but this was the first time i got bitten by my own snake!
First of all, the culprit, was my little 9 month old South Western Carpet python! (M.S. Imbricata) he is a male, and When i was feeding him, he had got my hand instead! It didnt hurt one bit, but just shocked me more than anything!

Culprit-Male SW Carpet python, 9 months old- Time: Feeding Time.
P1020217.jpg

The Bite: between my fingers!
103_43051.jpg

103_43051-1.jpg

Watch out for the sticky tape in the enclosure….bad for snakes.

About time,as TRIMACO said,get rid off that sticky tape,NO GOOD.Did you get that bite checked out,looks so painful....

3 drops of claret you must be writhing in agony and built up a fear factor now dougie......but as was said get rid of the tape and make sure you clean any residue of the glass properly as it still can get your snake stuck on it ....:)

Quick , you had better get rid of him , try and look around for one that enjoys cudddles and tv .
That one looks like he is pure evil .
Must be a hybrid .

That's not a bite. This is a bite....

Has someone got a bigger bite to show off :lol:

Sorry dougie. It is funny, at least you know what to expect and know the bites will grow with you both.

Attachments

• P1070973.JPG
    P1070973.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 150
MIssed getting a photo when my 3 metre olive was hunting the cat. Lucky my hand was there copped a bite half width across back of my hand, didn't tickle either. Cat slept through it not knowing how close it was to being lunch.

MIssed getting a photo when my 3 metre olive was hunting the cat. Lucky my hand was there copped a bite half width across back of my hand, didn't tickle either. Cat slept through it not knowing how close it was to being lunch.

i find it funny and disturbing in the same token!!! cats are funny!! would have been a great photo mate!!!

You think thats funny and disturbing, cat has now been relocated from bedroom where the olive has now taken to sleeping in the bed with us!

If it streches out along side you while you sleep, its sizing you up! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back