my enclosure build

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xmickx

Not so new Member
Reaction score
im starting my 1st enclosure i picked this up off ebay for $30,i wont to get a hypo bredli for this.
IMG_1417.jpg
next step was to take off the doors and remove the top section,turn it upside down so the top lip will hide the electrics.
IMG_1421.jpgIMG_1420.jpg

great beginnings, you've gotta love it when you score a bargain. I dont know that the Bredli will like sharing with the gorgeous little juvi that already seems to have staked her claim to it :)

keep us posted with the progress shots

Nice one mate, I am currently on the hunt on eBay for the exact same thing, got my eye on an old wardrobe for $20 !! But a tv unit is perfect , keep us updated with pics :)

i would use the bottom bit now for a build in hide hole put a dark door on the front so u could open it that would be cool i think.

I have cut and removed 3/4 of the bottom shelf for a hide

Awesome, good idea turning it upside down, I will be following closely...
I have EXACTLY THE SAME TV cabinet. I picked it up last week for FREE!!! haha cant get a better price than that!;)
Go on gumtree.com.au there are a few cabinets/draws on there, sometimes for free if your quick like me!!:p

I wish I could do something like this. Bit hard in a share house with no garage. I have all my tools here, though.

Would be kinda hard to explain what I was doing to my housemates and the landlord... I'm not allowed pets, LOL.

kawasakirider - building 1 for a mate, or maybe building 1 for extra cash :)

Bloomster, we can be mates and I'll shout ya a carton ;) haha. It's all good mate, I'll make one back home.

little hiding spot and the 2 holes blocked off,start the walls today
IMG_1434.jpg

foam
IMG_1436.jpg

Last edited:
looks good hope you dont mind but where did you get the foam

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
from work it comes in 1/2",1",2"inch thick

I would've left one of the holes open for a little while, that way you could use a pre-wired heat lamp ballast.

I'm really liking this project!!

put a extra shelf and started the back wall
IMG_1440.jpgIMG_1441.jpg

used a bit of heat on the foam
IMG_1442.jpgIMG_1443.jpg

drilled some holes for the air to get in and out ,didnt like any of the air vent out there
IMG_1444.jpg

cheers guys

Last edited:
picked up some branches today on the way home from the expo
IMG_1494.jpgIMG_1495.jpg
next i will be rendering or grouting and then painting sealling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back