Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclamen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all, well i have just come back from my holiday in newcastle. stayed with some friends of mine. anyway,,, there next door neighbour works at the australian reptile park, so we went there for the day, and i was lucky enough to be able to hold his baby alligator for awhile while he did one of his shows. its was great. pitty i couldnt take him home. for anyone who hasnt been to the reptile park, you should go. its great. so yeah, thought i would share some pics...
cheers
mel. :D:D

Attachments

• newcastle holiday 067.jpg
    newcastle holiday 067.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 109
  • newcastle holiday 068.jpg
    newcastle holiday 068.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 155
  • newcastle holiday 115.jpg
    newcastle holiday 115.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 88
  • newcastle holiday 121.jpg
    newcastle holiday 121.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 77
  • newcastle holiday 058.jpg
    newcastle holiday 058.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 60
thanks for putting up the pics. We have been dying to take the kids there.
Looks like you had a good day.
Pav

Luv that green lizard absolutely he looks knackered, great shot...Scott

it is a great park. my daughter loved it. yeah, i was lucky the fella lived next to my friend. he was a really nice bloke too!!

Attachments

• newcastle holiday 041.jpg
    newcastle holiday 041.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 68
  • newcastle holiday 048.jpg
    newcastle holiday 048.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 125
  • newcastle holiday 076.jpg
    newcastle holiday 076.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 76
  • newcastle holiday 118.jpg
    newcastle holiday 118.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 65
  • newcastle holiday 123.jpg
    newcastle holiday 123.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 76
I've heard nothing but good things about that place :) unfortunately, I live in QLD and it is a fair way away :(

great photos :) love the one of the iguana :) he looks absolutely content to me, very relaxed :D

thanks for sharing Mel

its a great place. and its good to take the kids. glad i went. i would go again too.

Yes Kylie, that appears to be a cunninghams skink in with tiger snakes. These are kept in outdoor pits at the park. There is no danger to the lizards but no, you shouldn't do it at home.

that is actually a land mullet egernia major with the tiger snakes. when i went there i was lucky enough to see the tiger snakes feed:D
they put mice in and 1 of the tigers ate 5:eek: no joke
and 1 of the others only ate 1 and then bit the 1 that ate 5:eek: :D :D

love the pic of the land mullet it is so cute

hope you had a great day

Wow you lucky person. How was the alligator? I'm surprised they let you hold it without taping the mouth closed. Love the pics :)

Wow you lucky person. How was the alligator? I'm surprised they let you hold it without taping the mouth closed. Love the pics :)

hey david..
actually at the start of holding the baby alligator he told me to put my finger in its mouth and let it bite me, so of course,me being me, i did it. and it didnt hurt one bit. lots of sharp teeth, but only light bites. it was well behaved the whole time i held it. towards the end it started to thrash a bit. i was in absolute awe, lucky he is my mates next door neighbour. so i felt pretty privledge. he does all the shows and his girlfriend milks the spiders there. good jobs.

that is actually a land mullet egernia major with the tiger snakes. when i went there i was lucky enough to see the tiger snakes feed:D
they put mice in and 1 of the tigers ate 5:eek: no joke
and 1 of the others only ate 1 and then bit the 1 that ate 5:eek: :D :D

Hahahaha so there's bitchiness in all species. Haha.

I can't believe that guy is still there doing shows! I remember him from years ago.
Glad you had a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back