my fav adder

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a Pilbara favourite. Regardless of the species, all adders are special elapids in my eyes.

Attachments

• AWMD 08.jpg
    AWMD 08.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 115
i agree pilbara, whole heartedly!!!!!!

just got a soft spot for this one :)

when MAYO comes over i'll get some good pics of him eating...

i'll take some of the tigers eating as well for you guys

luv thy snake

lovely elapid and yes for those that dont understand about why the venomous species are kept dont bother commenting each too their own its the people that truely love the elapids that understand why folks own and love them ...who would honestly say "boring adder" you obviously have never seen this species in action!

Naww isn't he cute :lol: lovely looking adders people... am still on the boarder of yes I want one/ no I don't want one :rolleyes:

Quick Q: When you feed them, what do you feed them? live or frozen? If its frozen, what happens to the venom in the system of the prey? like does it affect the snake at all?
I sound like a noob, but better to ask aye

I have seen my barkley's jump out from under 2cm of wood chips.

And that was only a 15cm adder.

I love keeping them on bark as you know when they're hungry as the put their head just visible.

However with how they jumped, they're now kept on paper for safety and hygiene as well.

They weren't so cute two days ago when one chewed my pinky whilst removing a retained eye shed.
Even at that size I got mildy sick.

Basically within four hours I had real bad diahorrea and stomach or lower abdominal pains.
I was visiting the doctors the next day just for an unrelated prescription refill and he didn’t think I looked good and insisted I had my blood pressure taken which turned out to be very low. Today I feel okay but have a headache. It must be pointed out though, that although I definitely was bleeding from the bite site and had the typical burning sensation I am only assuming my mild illness was from this bite and can not rule out the possibility that I coincidently had a stomach virus of which there is one getting around at the moment.

I love adders. i love their big heads

i definitley want one when i am experienced enought

love puff adders!

Puff adders are exotics and they're not related to our adders.

Our adders aren't true adders, they are elapids (fixed fanged)

Im not sure where i got this pic but i really love it. Great representation of the adder. I hope the photographer doesn't mind me posting it. And i hope you like it.

DjaraDeathAdder004.jpg

You got that picture from one of my posts. I'm glad you like it. You might like to view the current thread this site has, where posting other peoples' pictures is being discussed ;) For the record, I don't mind my pictures being taken, enjoyed and shared, but I do prefer to be acknowledged if you're going to repost them, and I'm a lot less fanatical about the issue than many other photographers. An easy way to keep track of who owns the picture you're downloading (if you're prone to downloading too many for you to remember) is to change the filename. For example, in this case you might have called it "sdajidjarraadder2007.jpg".

In case you're wondering, that snake is doing quite well :)

Dave: I've observed several bites from little Death Adders. Your symptoms don't sound like what I've seen, so it was possibly partly the stomach illness. Then again, your physiology may just be different.

The bright yellow between the scales is awesome, isn't it? :) Here is a close up of one of my Northern Adders :) I found it interesting to see the yellow coming in as they grew. As babies the yellow was white. As they age the yellow is getting better and better :) Some of them had the white change to yellow much earlier than others. Some of the babies I've recently had have so much of the white, I might keep one :)

RubyScales.jpg

The same snake a little further back.

RubyrubysheeatsTurnips.jpg

Someone said something about a picture of them eating, so here you go.

Addergulp.jpg

Yummyyummyyummyimperfectionsarefun.jpg

Someone mentioned Barklies... here is a baby Northern (left, smaller, red) next to a baby Barkly. The Barkly is younger and hasn't yet fed - the babies from that litter were HUGE! Now around two months old, that Barkly is an astounding monster for its age.

Barkpraebabies.jpg

Oh, and yes, I have baby Northern Death Adders for sale :) Nieces and nephews of the one in the first two pictures.

ha ha Thanks for being so cool about is Sdaji. I understand your feelings on the topic and agree completely. I saved that picture a long time ago and I never intended to share it with anyone at the time. Im glad you joined the thread and brought us upto date on your stunning adders.

Are those live or frozen rats? if frozen, what happens to the venom in the rats system since they're already dead?

Curious... is it difficult to pick them up with hooks

i assume people use hooks, they are so short and stocky was wondering if there is any trick to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back