my fav adder

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hooks are typically easiest way to move them about, but they can get squirmy if it takes their fancy, i wouldnt put my hand anywhere near mine... i even involuntarily jerk my hand back when feeding with tongs sometimes as they strike so quickly without real warning...

northern.jpg

common1.jpg

Ewan, it can't have been too long ago, that snake is only now about a year old ;)

lycanthropica: They're probably the easiest Australian snake to handle on hooks. I have dozens of them and apart from the tiny babies, all handle on hooks extremely easily. You do get an occasional one which doesn't ride a hook well, but it's rare and even then they're easier to hook than snakes of most other species which don't want to cooperate. By far they're the easiest Australian elapid to handle.

itbites: thank you.

dpeica: nice! :D

For those in love with Adders - check out RDU. Some Dajarra Adders from the best line in Australia are currently advertised at a price almost half that of some other breeders who have less than amazing animals.

( The best line ) Sounds like you haven't see too many jonno not saying neils aren't nice animals because they are but the the best line?

Hey mate,

You're right, I should of said "one of the best lines". I have yet to see better than some of the animals that Neils line has produced, but I'm always willing to have my opinion changed :)

That's alright, he's my favourite too...but as it turns out, he's not that good because I was quicker than he was.

My new ones :)

Male and Female very similar colouration to one another...

Not my favourite but definately pretty.

Not the best pic either.

Attachments

• IMG_0889.JPG
    IMG_0889.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 63
lycanthropica: They're probably the easiest Australian snake to handle on hooks. I have dozens of them and apart from the tiny babies, all handle on hooks extremely easily. You do get an occasional one which doesn't ride a hook well, but it's rare and even then they're easier to hook than snakes of most other species which don't want to cooperate. By far they're the easiest Australian elapid to handle.

just sucks if you were ever to leave the lid off of a tub :? that's why i give the venomous snakes a miss

just sucks if you were ever to leave the lid off of a tub :? that's why i give the venomous snakes a miss

I know how you feel; I had the electricity disconnected just in case I spilled water on an appliance or electrical outlet. I agree, you can never be too safe. If I had an Adder loose in the house I'd still be more scared of the electricity (if it was still connected).

Sdaji, if you want to be safe, you should try and lose some weight...that's a far bigger health risk then keeping Adders, and we all know how unsightly it is!

Oh dear! I really must do something about my weight problem, I feel sick about myself every time I think about it. Diabetes must be just around the corner, and I look simply terrible in my black skirts, with my love handles sticking out as they do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back