My female king skink died.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeman478

Reaction score
hey all. the other day (thursday) i was checking all the animals in their various pits and noticed my 6 year old female king skink was very lethargic. So took her to the vet on friday and the vet seemed to think it could have been overheating/dehydration. She administered some fluids and gave me some antibiotics. I gave her 1 course of antibiotics friday night. When i checked on her saturday morning she had died. Took her back to the vet and got an autopsy done. Turns out she had died of kidney failure. So now im on the lookout for ANY king skinks at all. ANY size or age. these were my favorite lizards so needless to say im devastated. If anyone has or knows of anyone who has some for sale then please PM me. Cheers

Johnny

No. Kings skinks are endemic to WA. Land mullets are found on the east coast.

try pike1 on this forum,he breeds them and lives in your area,i lost an adult female to similar circumstances a couple of years back,they are quite addictive

thanks richardsc. they a definately addictive and by far my favorite skink species. land mullets are right up there too though.

this is true. i havent kept land mullets for about 5 years. a medical condition meant i had to sell the bulk of my collection back then :-( im getting some land mullets again in a few months. by the way thanks for that lead on the king skinks, they have 4 available. im getting 2. that forum is very informative too. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back