My First Chondro.. And a Hello..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trendkill

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! My name is Nicole, I'm 21, from Chicago (US), and I've been keeping BCC and BCI boas and some select pythons (bloods and carpets) ever since I was just a little kid. I've always loved GTPs, and I recently purchased my very first one. Now that I have more room I can finally acquire some of the animals I've been drooling over for years! I just joined this forum and thought I'd share my first Chondro with you all.. a gorgeous, dark and high-white little Jayapura that just arrived:

Flash:
jaya-010.jpg

jaya-010.jpg

No Flash:
jaya-011.jpg

jaya-011.jpg

I don't want to stress the little guy/girl out by taking too many pics, but I'll post some better ones once he/she settles in. Thanks for looking! Can't wait to participate on this forum more often.

Nice snake, welcome to the site.
I'm thinking Boa constrictor constrictor and Boa constrictor imperator ?

Nice snake, welcome to the site.
I'm thinking Boa constrictor constrictor and Boa constrictor imperator ?

Thanks! And yes.. I've been working mainly with those sub species, and a couple Amarali here and there as well. :)

so how much are they over there? if you dont mind me asking

GTPs? Babies average from about $400 to $700 and adults average from about $500 to $1200, all depending on locale, appearance and whether or not they're farmed or captive bred.

Thanks! And yes.. I've been working mainly with those sub species, and a couple Amarali here and there as well. :)

GTPs? Babies average from about $400 to $700 and adults average from about $500 to $1200, all depending on locale, appearance and whether or not they're farmed or captive bred.

ahhh i new you was going to turn me green

she very nice btw i love gtp but they are around the $5000 mark here :(

re My

Nice pics trend,they look really spectacular the red juveniles.

Thanks guys.. and wow.. I can't believe they're so expensive over there! Luckily we have quite a few breeders here in the states, some of which are still dedicated to producing locality animals. Green Tree Boas on the other hand are quite pricey.. nice ones do go for 3, 4 or even 5 thousand over here.

Surely not, I thought all your animals were just Heinz 57 :) Joking ;)

Luckily we have quite a few breeders here in the states, some of which are still dedicated to producing locality animals.

Any chance of some shots of your imperators ?

Sure. Most of them are "morphs". I'm not sure if these animals are controversial here on this forum, but I do enjoy them. My favorite boas are the pure Suriname and Guyana BCC locales though. Can't beat a natural beauty!

Some of my favorite Imperators:

octboas-039.jpg

bboas-004.jpg

boa-025.jpg

octboas-010.jpg

octboas-023.jpg

octboas-035.jpg

octboas-034.jpg

OMG, just beautiful. As you can tell by my nickname I am a bit of a fan :) Thanks

thats a very attractive and beutiful snake you have there,

i love the colours and markings.

Surely not, I thought all your animals were just Heinz 57 :) Joking ;)

Haha.. many of them are unfortunately! It's often hard to find pure locales other than Biaks. Most of the animals you see available are locality mixes. I've been waiting all year for this clutch of Jayas to be produced.

Thanks for the comments on my boas too. Do you have any?

Great snakes and great shots. What kind of camera are you using Trend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back