My First Ever Eggs :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Reaction score
Well I've been in the herp game less than 12 months so far so I'm still learning loads of new information every day (although I think there's always new things to learn in herps) but I've just been thrown in the deep end as my female thick-tailed gecko left me 2 little surprises in her enclosure tonight.

Thanks to everyone in the chatroom for putting up with my blabbering tonight...this is all new to me and everyone there was more than helpful in answering all my questions...I'm a little worried about my thermostat and have to get a better container for the eggs tomorrow.

I'm VERY excited now as I'm sure you'd imagine :) Just had to post this sorry although I know there are already a few egg threads out there...

Oh and I've had a few people ask me about the pink...that's because she laid them in red sand and then covered them up...had to go on a treasure hunt (thank god a mate of mine told me to look through the sand - I was still waiting for her to lay and didn't want to disturb)

eggs.jpg

Congrats Tim,

Guess what, my first ever eggs are Thick tails also, lol. From this season aswell. I have 6 eggs in the incubator and both my females keep getting gravid lol. Goodluck with them :D

Tim said:
Oh and I've had a few people ask me about the pink...that's because she laid them in red sand and then covered them up...had to go on a treasure hunt (thank god a mate of mine told me to look through the sand - I was still waiting for her to lay and didn't want to disturb)

RE: Re: My First Ever Eggs :)

I'm VERY excited now as I'm sure you'd imagine Just had to post this sorry although I know there are already a few egg threads out there...

That is so exciting Tim! :D Congrats and don't worry about 'already a few egg threads out there', we are always happy to hear and see the accomplishments of other herpers! Keep us posted please...

Good stuff Tim, hope all goes well for you. :lol:

Thanks for all your messages guys - really appreciate them :)

...well....one of the eggs collapsed pretty soon in to the incubation period. It's now 72 days since the laying and the remaining egg hasn't hatched. Thick Tails I read are meant to be 60 +/- 4 days incubation at 27-28 degrees. Now I had my thermostat set at 21 so that it sat on 27-28 (dodgy things) but it was fluctuating quite a bit so I'm starting to get very worried that the egg hasn't made it. I tried holding a torch up to it to take a peek inside but couldn't really see anything.

There's also still a bit of the sand from teh enclosure that has hardened on it so tried to scratch that off very gently but still getting pretty worried :S Any suggestions where to go from here?

May not of been able to get out of the egg n suffocated. no ideas sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back