Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Predator and prey together.

Heat requirements for a monitor and a python are way way different.The list goes on.

Hahaha i was waiting for someone to say something. :)
I assure you, the arrangement was only going to be temporary, until i go to Rocky next week.
But fortunately, one of my neighbours advertised that they were going to have a moving out sale this coming weekend, and I got in early and picked up a 6ft cabinet for $200!!!

i have moved my monitor into a hatchling haven, and hubby is putting the lighting fixtures in at the moment. :)
I will post pictures once we bring it upstairs :)

That was a pretty risky (stupid) arrangement, even temporarily.

I have named her "Walanja" (Wol-un-yah), which is Aboriginal (Mudburra language) for Goanna.

She shares a 6ft x 4ft enclosure with my Coastal carpet python, (who has interacted with my other lizards since she was a hatchling and definitely has no interest in eating them).
She has settled in well and is enjoying her new home, (I think).

She may be my first, but I will DEFINITELY be expanding my Varanus collection in the near future!

View attachment 293251View attachment 293252View attachment 293253

Why? Just.....*shakes head*

She shares a 6ft x 4ft enclosure with my Coastal carpet python, (who has interacted with my other lizards since she was a hatchling and definitely has no interest in eating them).
She has settled in well and is enjoying her new home, (I think).

She may be my first, but I will DEFINITELY be expanding my Varanus collection in the near future!

View attachment 293251View attachment 293252View attachment 293253

sloth-no.gif

Last edited:
I initially tried her In with my blueys, but one of them is quite aggressive and attacked the monitor several times. so I Weighed the risks, and made a decision based on past interactions between my python and other lizards, which fortunately proved to be the right decision.
Neither one were bothered with the presence of the other, even when curled up on the same heat mat.

I am glad I was able to find her a new enclosure sooner than expected though. :)

I initially tried her In with my blueys, but one of them is quite aggressive and attacked the monitor several times. so I Weighed the risks, and made a decision based on past interactions between my python and other lizards, which fortunately proved to be the right decision.
Neither one were bothered with the presence of the other, even when curled up on the same heat mat.

I am glad I was able to find her a new enclosure sooner than expected though. :)

Sounds pretty risky, and I'd never put a monitor with a bluey cause he'd probably get beat up haha no it'd be the other way around, probably. What other lizards have ou had with your snake?

All in all its in the past.

I am glad you have it all sorted now but there is quarantine issues to think about and you shouldn't get a new reptile without having an enclosure ready for it just in case you need it.

I'm interested in what other lizards you've had with your snake as well. I thought they'd get gobbled up quick smart.

I always have one or two small/medium enclosures empty and ready for use, mostly because I see a cool one and buy it "just in case" haha. Definitely comes in handy when you're surprised by an impromptu buy.

I'm thinking about keeping an antelope and some Lions together, they should go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back