My first snake :) murray darling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leighroyaus

Reaction score
hey got my first snake last nite :) jus thought i would share some photos
atm its only in a 70ltr click clack... my proper enclosure is to arrive any day soon but couldnt resist the wait!!!

anyways here some pictures :)
murray darling carpet, will be 1 year old on new years day
(also this snake was a twin when it hatched)

000_1482.jpg

000_1487.jpg

000_1490.jpg

000_1492.jpg

000_1493.jpg

000_1496.jpg

Nice one mate, welcome to the world of herping!

hi leighr33
excelent choice for your first snake, maybe not the most attractive of snakes but a easy handle for a beginner.

the lil Tacker, (disguised bad language moderated), is fairly aggressive though! haha still biting me when i try to get near it most times

unusual in my experience, any idea if previous owner handled it on a regular basis, with more handling your snake should settle fairly quickly.
cheers.

I love the last photo. :) Murray Darlings are such pretty snakes, the patterning and colours are great. I have only recently got a pair myself and they are such docile snakes, so sweet and curious. Hope your little fellow calms down soon. :)

What a lovely little fellow! And a twin, wow, unique! I think MD's are beautiful snakes.
Everything I learnt about them I learnt from Cheryl (Rodentrancher), actually!
She speaks so highly of them and her two, Emdee and Boof, sound like adorable critters.
I'm sure your's will calm down soon.

Cheers, Lily

hi leighr33
excelent choice for your first snake, maybe not the most attractive of snakes but a easy handle for a beginner.
i have an md and think that she is a wonderful snake!

yah the lady i bought it off barely handled it she said... so hopefully it calms down soon... heres my favourite picture anyway
000_1500.jpg

Cool having a twin snake. Shame u didn't buy both is it still available?

Good luck with it. I have found MD's to be placid snakes (in my limited experience of course)

nah the other twin was already sold :( im already looking for 2 yearling or bredli hatchlings haha

i might be selling a yearling pair of bredli soon leighr33, still considering it yet, will be sold only to fund another purchase but ive got to wait and see if the bloke wants to sell me what im after

not exactly sure, they are from bigguys line he breeds, i think he had 5 clutches last season and i a got a male from him then 6 months later got another female, im not sure but id say he might have it on record which one came from which parent

unsure as he had 5 clutches last season and i got them both 6 months apart

yeah if i do decide to sell, i can ask him and see what happens from there

yeah if i do decide to sell, i can ask him and see what happens from there, pc is playing up abit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back