my freshwater croc hatchy - no flamers.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leighroyaus

Reaction score
Just thought id post some pics of a freshwater croc i have recently got

before anyone flames, yes this has been thought through, has been researched etc. and i have the space for when it gets bigger etc. so please, keep your flaming out of this post.

These pictures are for people genuinly interested, as i know its hard to come accross pictures and information on captive care. altho http://crocodilian.com/crocfaq/ has alot of good info.

the current enclosure is a 4x2x2 tank.
when this tank is outgrown the next enclosure will either be a fibreglass enclosure or a pen
before finaly being shifted to the outdoor enclosure

the water temp is around the 27 deg mark with the airtemp around the 30deg mark.

the crocodile is feeding fine, handling is kept to a minimum mainly just when the enclosure is being cleaned.

at some stage a webcam may be going into the enclosure.

Attachments

• 000_2154.jpg
    000_2154.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 626
  • 000_2159.jpg
    000_2159.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 531
  • 000_2160.jpg
    000_2160.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 595
  • 000_2161.jpg
    000_2161.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 628
Nice pics, what a little cutie.

Shoulda got a saltie. They make beter pets and are less aggresive :) but that is such a little cute thanks for sharing!

Shoulda got a saltie. They make beter pets and are less aggresive but that is such a little cute thanks for sharing!

Lol I think you have your crocodiles mixed around. I watched a croc show last night and the guy was swimming in the river with freshies but as soon as he saw a saltie he was out of there with his tail between his legs. Plus every site says Salties are much more angressive.

waruikazi, i have heard that also, in captivity anyway, but its not like im going to be handling it like a python ;)

chris1 yep more pictures to come, will be putting a webcam in there one day over hte next couple of weeks. will let know when its up. cant post the site for obvious reasons tho

Lol I think you have your crocodiles mixed around. I watched a croc show last night and the guy was swimming in the river with freshies but as soon as he saw a saltie he was out of there with his tail between his legs. Plus every site says Salties are much more angressive.

That's cause a wild large saltie ill consume you. In captivity salties make much better pets because tey are much less timid than freshies. Freshies can get realy flight and have very sharp teeth that will rip ur hand open. Salties tend to bite harder but they dont have as long or as sharp teeth and they don't thrash around tearing your hand up. A saltie that is regularly hanled can turn out to be as tame as a bluey... or maybe more like a well handled lacey lol

indeed waruikazi , ive heard it called small croc syndrome

yah warren all you need is your advanced licence, and of course alot of room to keep it when its older.
there is also some council laws that you would have to look into.

i still duno if id trust a 2mtr salty that has been handled alot tho waruikazi :p

WOW !! congratts :)
i love the setup and the croc
cheers
brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back