my freshwater croc hatchy - no flamers.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful!
I love snakes and lizards but I think a croc would still scare me when it got big.

i have kept several salties and freshies, and you will find that your freshy will stop growing at around the 3 foot mark if kept in that enclosure and can be kept like that for the rest of its life no probs, its only salties that will continuosly grow and grow and always need to be upgraded to a larger enclosure.
cheers matt

really matt? awesome
ill still shift it to a bigger enclosure tho

Awesome Leigh. Thanks for the pics too. I am setting up for a freshie at the moment too. Cant wait. Its good to live in vic isnt it.......hehehehe

I have got a set up for when it gets a bit bigger and am half way to having the set up ready for a hatchy. Info is really hard to find isnt it but its sooo worth it.

Keep the pics coming.

Lol I think you have your crocodiles mixed around. I watched a croc show last night and the guy was swimming in the river with freshies but as soon as he saw a saltie he was out of there with his tail between his legs. Plus every site says Salties are much more angressive.

lol he was joking!!!
(i hope :shock: )

Last edited:
wow... congratulations.. i am soooo jealous!!! good luck and post more pics as it gets bigger and is in it's bigger enclosure!!!!
Awesome mate!!!!!!!!!!!

i think it may just be the reflection of a light on the roof not sure

Cute

Hello,

Ah, that is a cute little croc!! Is that your first one?

Tracie

would there be any way, like a petition or something that we could get crocs legalised in qld?

The only thing I would change in your set up is I would put the water heater in some PVC pipe with holes in it to stop any chance of him biting it and breaking the glass.

But there are dwarf australian salties. Just a morph of the normal big killer salties, i know a bloke who is trying to get a gov grant to start a breeding program for them... or something along those lines.
Cool, how big do they get?

would there be any way, like a petition or something that we could get crocs legalised in qld?

Yeah you should start one, do one for native mamals too. Since they are allowed in other states i cant see why they would be against it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back