my freshwater croc hatchy - no flamers.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But there are dwarf australian salties. Just a morph of the normal big killer salties, i know a bloke who is trying to get a gov grant to start a breeding program for them... or something along those lines.
theyre dwarf freshwater crocks..not salties,and they come from around bullo river area i think
http://www.bulloriver.com/

Last edited:
what time do u normally feed him?
...just so i can use that link to watch,..!! :)

What setup have you got planned for him when he gets larger? I love the look and idea of large monitor pits and all and this is just taking it to a new level :)

Is that a UV tube over the top? If it is it looks to have glass directly under it, in which case it is useless, might need to put some mesh on

The small breed are called pigmy crocs there minitures i got a mate here who owns a few who actually has one that swims with him and follows him around like a lil puppy it pretty awesome to see such thing and its a saltie......captive breed too

I haven't got a reference to back it up but i have also heard of the dwarf freshies but i am 99% sure of there being dwarf salties. I'll try and track down the guy i was talking to about it today, he called them pygmies. But anyway, i'll try and find out.

What sort of size are you talking about with Dwarf Salties? Sounds like an interesting concept...

what time do u normally feed him?
...just so i can use that link to watch,..!! :)

i put his food in at sundown but he normally doesnt get it for a couple of hours after. hes still settling in at the moment so hes cautious still.

What setup have you got planned for him when he gets larger? I love the look and idea of large monitor pits and all and this is just taking it to a new level :)

next step will be a big fibreglass enclosure and then after that he will be shifted to a large outdoor enclousure with a partial roof etc

Is that a UV tube over the top? If it is it looks to have glass directly under it, in which case it is useless, might need to put some mesh on

Yeah UV Tube, but i also have a UV spotlight on the mesh which puts out a fair amount.
Am making a new hood out of pine atm

great stuff mate!!
that croc site is great i have read the hole lot a while ago.
when npws put them on class 2 in nsw they will be the first thing i get!! have alwasy wanted one just cant have them here.

i have a question how did u get the gravel to stay on one side of the tank?

You guys in SA are lucky to be able to keep freshies. That is something that could possibly draw my interest away from snakes (though not completely). "JASON" Do you think NPWS will eventually add these to class 2?

hogey5, just used different size stones, and some bits of driftwood are in there to keep it in tact, it doesnt seem to move at all even when hes going up and down it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back