my girlfriend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how much do you thrash it??

My Wife drives it :)

I admit that when I get behind the wheel I give it some - IMO the rest of the car is not made for the 225Kw the GenIII puts out (the 4 spd clunker has been around since the VT for example - and I wouldn't mind betting that the rest of the drive train is the same as well.)

I have been looking at upgrading ? love the thought of a 300Kw 6Lt ford eater ? BUT I can?t help but wonder if I would have the same probs again.

im a holden man all the way

I will shed a tear Ricko ? this is my 4th Holden.

I believe that a large amount of the probs. that I have had are the result of the dealership (would love to name them) and the apprentices working on my baby unsupervised.

(Maybe if they did a convertible Monaro GTO I?d buy just one more?)

Mmmmm Holden dealerships. i will NEVER take mine back to the local dealership again. ended up spending $800 on a service, got the car back with a fouled spark plug, which of course they didn't pick up until i went back an abused them!!! ( i couldn't be bothered servicing it myself - Case of couldn't be arrrrsed syndrome.) but hey. Mind you i drive a 99 vs series 3 ute with a worked injected 308, and haven't had any major problems apart from a couple of blown diffs and replacement clutches which were of my own doing!! haha. Gotta go Holdens all the way.
FORD = Fixed Or Repaired Daily!!
Found On Road Dead!!
Found On Rubish Dump!!

sorry ford people!! NOT!!!!

By the sounds of it Holdens are still keeping true to style by just holden in there :lol: I have owned both and the Fords i had all had no hassles but the Holdens all had major probs.I also had a Dato 180 B as my first car,those were the days they still made cars from real steel....I now drive a "don't bloody laugh" Hyundai Coupe that goes well enough for me and not any probs i haven't caused myself in 7 years.I'm sure if i got an XR 6 OR 8 which i'd love i think i'd manage to damage myself sooner or later!!!

I'm actually looking at the new RX8 as my next car but just looking so far.

Me and some friends got a Datsun 200B for $120. After driving it round for a few days, we skewed the oil filter doing jumps and kept driving until the engine siezed. Then we cut it apart behind towing it to its final resting place, a fiery grave. :D Fun days. For little cars they can take a hell of a lot of punishment, I'll give them that, but nothing has the style of a nice XA-XC hardtop coupe.

Agreed i love the hardtops,by the way mooseman that one of yours looks like a bit of a missile.......you'll have to take me for a good run some day :wink:

I still prefer the style of some of the Mustangs myself,actually i'd love a shed full of hot cars for every day of the week but i did that with my Mustang and it hardly got driven, plus if raining it didn't have an electric roof so i got rid of it and sorta regret it now but i'm sure i'll find another if i'm after one.I've got a project that i'vebeen meaning to get done for the last 5 years sitting in the shed and a boat to fix so no more new toys for me,although a new vehicle for transport is on the cards!!!

I would have loved to Browns, but it's sadly gone now - I'll take you for a burn in my Kia Carnival though :lol: :lol: :lol: Heheheheehe Don't talk to me about plastic or Korean cars :lol:

Can it get any better??? I doubt it! :D

calder_05_03_030b.jpg

GO THE FORDS!!!

Actually it can :lol: I went looking for a picture of a mate of mines 1000hp Stang. His name is Martin and his dad owns & runs John White Racing Engines in Woolloongabba, Brissy. This thing is awesome! A stretched 351 Windsor (out to 400+ cubes), EFIed and Turbocharged :) I got some great home video footage that was sent to me about this car which blows me away. It's an absolute animal heheheehe

drift_qr_04_06_005b.jpg

Re: RE: Re: RE: Just for you Ether

johnbowemonie said:
Hahahahahahahahaha Ether. What do you actually drive?
My friends XB GT sedan runs on nitrous and runs low 10's. It was awesome when he got sideways on the entry ramp well over 100 clicks.

ETHER- darling- According to WHEELS magazine (which is a predominantly biased Holden magazine) the most amount of power they could get out of Holdens fastest car was 5.6 /100km. This was a Clubsport and GTO both have the same power and have a 6.0 litre engine. HOWEVER for $20'000 less you can get yourself a XR6 Turbo, the new Typhoon for 65'000 and runs 5.7/100km and has a 5.4 litre engine. Nice to see how much you can get for an extra $20'000
which is stuff all.
I might also state that while the Clubsport has more striaghtline speed over the GT and obviously it isn't much i will add that the GT and XR6 Turbo has more Torque/more power at the rear wheels than your Holden Clubsport, GTO or any other Holden for that matter. The turbo has 550m torque and comes with a tiptronic auto, again something your Holdens lack. I find it amusing that your Clubsport and GTO are out gunned in overall speed (not straightline speed) and handling by a turbo car that costs $20'000 less to buy and is still only a striaght 6.
So stick that in ya pipes and smoke it Holden !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simone.

Or you could be a real legend and drive a lifted Holden Jackaroo 4wd :lol: Gets you places your Bathurst toys won't go :lol:

Now fingers crossed hubby doesn't read that, he loves his Bathurst ;)

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Just for you Ether

Bathurst is sacred. Until you've been you can't begin to imagine the atmosphere during the Tope Ten Shootout on the Saturday or knowing the race has started, having no idea who got the jump on who until they roar past you on top of the mountain. For those who keep saying they'd like to go, get off your butts and feel it.

Simone.

This thread certainly went off track (pardon the pun!)
Marcia is gorgeous Simone, wish our guys were that tame, we only got them as adults. ah well we'll wait for babies and train them!

I have a baby that i bought, things started off pretty rough for him but he doesnt bite just a little skittish. I'm determined to make him settle so i've been picking him up everyday. He gets there after awhile. Marcia has a terrific personality. I'm pretty lucky. I got her from John Cann so no wonder i got a perfect animal.

Simone.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Just for you Ether

johnbowemonie said:
get off your butts and feel it.

Is that why you set yours on fire?

:twisted:

Hix

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Just for you Ether

FAYSMITH said:
This thread certainly went off track (pardon the pun!)

Hehehehee So true! and the worst bit about it is I didn't even realise it :lol:

So here we go! Lovely Lizzy JBM - how long do they live for? :lol: :lol: :wink:

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Just for you Ether

Hehehehehehe Hix, i'm determined not to get nurnt this year. Instead, i intend to search for a victim when hurling my flaming dunny roll.

"Moosey" Land Mullets i have believe can live up to 25 years. I've been told by some people that they can live longer than that. I love the thought of having Marcia around for awhile.

And the saga continues (specially for you simone) Go Ford...

BTW. Still up in the mountains... wont be ready until monday :evil:

DSC03129.jpg

well i just minorly read this thread. i read the topic and was oh well might as well take a look, i didn't expect anybody to actulaly have posted a pic of their g/f on this forum due to some certain members :D

alexr said:
And the sarger continues (specially for you simone) Go Ford...

by the way. Still up in the mountains... wont be ready until monday :evil:

DSC03129.jpg

much like the fords you love Alex, they come to the mountain but are never ready until monday. Go holdens 8 times in a row. The mountain is Holden turf proven time and again. :twisted: HAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back