My Holiday Movie Experiences

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Well... you know how you get when you're on holidays - you catch up on all the movies you missed during the preceding weeks!

1: Rescue Dawn - He killed a snake and he didn't need to :( I give it a slimy 2.5 stars (out of 13)

2: Elizabeth - The Golden Age - Well... Seeming she's Australian there's some merit there. I kinda liked it, wasn't as good as the first but wasn't as bad as most sequels are. I thought ol Clive Owen is the same in all movies so at least he's predictable. Would prefer now to see a movie on Sir Walter O'Rielly I think.

3: Deathproof - Classic CLASSIC Classic - 4.5 stars out of 6. It gets an extra half star for the line "She's a kiwi, you never ever call a kiwi an Australian...." (I'm sure there's some swearing in there to). Best moments are just flying through the air. Tarrantino is a masterful director that likes to blow his own trumpet just a little to much. But perhaps some of the best chase scenes in a movie since the original Gone in 60 Seconds (not starring Nick Cage cause that version was not good).

4: Lions For Lambs - Pfffft... Maybe wait till it goes to the $2 rack or take it on $1.20 tuesday!

5: Michael Clayton - I am still trying to work out if it is a true story or not. I don't think it is. A few things didn't fit into place, but seemed plausible enough. I enjoyed it.

6: Cut Off - That's exactly what you feel like doing while watching this movie.. cut off your limbs... your power.... everything... it's a shocker of a movie and is flawed from the beginning... Though I did laugh at the sign... Happy Hour from 10 till 10:30....

7: The Heartbreak Kid - worth a watch with that very special girl of yours.... Not as funny as Something About Mary but had similar tones to it....

8: Planet Terror - The fully B grade movie with the A grade budget - don't expect a good movie and you won't be shocked to watch it. Hugely clever but no where near as good as Sin City!

9: Hitman - Just fun to watch - but better to play I think!

10: Beowulf - Angelina never looked so good! Maybe it was just the way she was drawn... An awesome movie. I will definitely watch that again.

Still got one more to watch - Eastern Promises....

I thought Death Proof was lame! Way too much talking and not enough killing! It was touted as "A serial killing stunt man"...and he kills 4 people in the space of 2 minutes and the rest is just talk, bah!

Plant Terror was a lot better. Both movies were released at the same time in the same package under the name "Grindhouse" paying homage to the old B grade horror flicks that used to get shown late at night in cinemas. It was meant to be B grade quirky horror and that's just what it is! Plant Terror all the way..

I loved HItman!

I went and seen Run Fatboy Run on Thursday night, was alright.

I semi agree Dodie... tho... When you think about it - yes, they were designed to be B graders... But... Deathproof was so much better in the filming and the action sequences - it had a very A - Grade look.

You have to admit the chase scenes rivalled the original 70s Gone in 60 Seconds...

I loved Planet Terror to! But... I think I preferred the chatty Deathproof....

I did like the way it cut back and showed everyone's death, but more of it would of been great ;) The chase seen was good and the ending a little surprising but more blood would of sealed the deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back