my new snake enclosure built for about $700

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jason73

Reaction score

Attachments

• 05032011_003.jpg
    05032011_003.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 471
  • 01032011_001.jpg
    01032011_001.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 392
  • 05032011_001.jpg
    05032011_001.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 371
hi matt,,the unit stands just over 1.5 metres and the living area for the snake is 1 metre tall,80cm wide and 70 cm deep,heating and light comes from a dual top exo terra unit at the top of the enclosure,,we have a childrens python in it at the moment

Wondering is the interior is raw pine? If so will it be a problem to clean and not absorb?

beautiful enclosure and snake mate. thanks for sharing and keep us updated

i think it will be worth sealing the internals, otherwise it will eventually rot or warp

yeah its just raw pine inside,i just place a liner underneath the sand to stop anything soaking into the timber

unfortunately they dont alway pee just in a downward direction, I'd take him out for a week, get some clear water based polyurethane and seal all the vertical surfaces too, I know you have put a lot of work into it, it would be a shame to see it put on the tip in a year or two when the smell of urine soaked timber is unbearable.

It looks fantastic but you need to keep it that way, raw timber should never be considered.

Nice job looks good. How long did it take?

Is that cost inclusive of lights and heating? I am about to start building 2 enclosures which will be a little bigger than that for less than half. But I already have the heating and lighting and can't remember what i paid so including that I might be only a little less expensive.

That is just, wow, it looks unreal. Nice job, did u do it urself or pay for it to be put together?

@ jackrabbit ,,yeah that price included the lighting and heating plus the fake plants and it only took about a 12 hours to make all up but without the lighting,heating and plants the cost would about $400 to build it and its all pine ,no cheap mdf or particle board in the unit at all, and @audio_anthrax i did everything myself,so completely home made,ill be building an identical unit soon for a woma python we are about to get and another different style enclosure for geckos,,ill post pictures of those when finished,,and then ill start making them for friends,,haha have a few orders already

I know that would have been a pain to do, but better to do it now than regret not doing it later (and you would have) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back