Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzieimages

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
Thank you for your responses to my request to photograph your reptiles.

Here is a selection of my work.

Hope you like them and I look forward to feedback.

Barry

Attachments

• lizards birds frogs 100.jpg
    lizards birds frogs 100.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 163
  • Scorpion no2 132.jpg
    Scorpion no2 132.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 118
  • lizards birds frogs 636.jpg
    lizards birds frogs 636.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 149
Nice images there. Im a sucker for nice shots.

What gear you using?

love that skink (is it a gidgee?).
beautiful shots mate. do u have a website?

Thanks for your kind comments everyone, very much appreciated.

The Skink is a Cunningham Skink.. Next is a Thick tailed Gecko.. and two Angle Headed Dragons..

I use Nikon gear, A D300 and a D200, Nikon 200mm F4 Macro and a Tamron 90mm Macro, I set up a mini studio with my studio lights and back grounds then blast away..

Cheers Baz

A friend tells me that your background affects the colour shown of the animal.....with beardies white to red ..how do you get better colour or their natural colours to come out...or at least to see in pics what you see with your eyes?

Nice pics by the way!

Great photos.

I recently purchased a Canon 400DX DSLR. I need to save up now for some good Macro lenses to be able to get the close ups.

The Cunnungham skink shot is a good one but it has too much reflection, which ruins it for me, personally. The eye and all the face scales have glare in them and you loose the detail in the face. It is still a cracking good shot however.

Hello Dragon Lady, I doubt the back ground colour has any effect on the colour of the creature being photographed, the back ground is about 4meters behind the animal.

I can change the colour tone of the back ground by the strength of the light I focus on it, for example a light green back ground becomes dark green with less light on it.

As for the true colour of the animal, just a little enhancing in photoshop, enough to strengthen their natural colour..

Barry

Unless I'm mistaken (no offense meant) but that is almost flawless work with Photoshop for the background colours. It's very difficult to get decent backgrounds in studio work so the use of a colour with a gradient effect really adds to the photo.

Of course if I'm wrong I'd then have to say fantastic work with your backdrops ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back