My reptile hunt in NT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted an article a while back claiming a 75% loss. Same with the Goulds as well

As tragic as that is, I'm suprised it was that low, it's sort of good news in a way, 25% survivorship will hopefully be enough to allow for a good recovery. It's good to know some are left, they were so nice :)

Fuscus,
i was talking to a guy who is doing work on monitors out there earlier this week, he has found that the panoptes are being descimated, but the goulds are still hanging on really well. Its a good sign :D

Lol sdaji, if you went up to that monitor it would probably go mental. They are used to people up here, because they are fed picnic scraps, its kind of dangerous!!

Lol sdaji, if you went up to that monitor it would probably go mental. They are used to people up here, because they are fed picnic scraps, its kind of dangerous!!

I'm familiar with both kinds :D The picnic ones are much more dangerous! Captives are more dangerous again!

so my uncle ran over and put his boot through its head. i went over and looked at it and u'll neva guess what he killed...it was a tiny BHP. about 30 cm or so. i was sorry 4 the loss. but to my uncles defence, they have HEAPS of browns etc around and with little kids he doesn't want to risk them getting hurt.
Well your uncle just gave a great demonstration for the kids on how to get bitten. Acts like this actually put the kids at greater risk of getting bitten in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back