My Wildlife Pictures (Lots of Pictures)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DHoffmann

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So it's gonna take a couple hours before I can go and pick up my first snake, and in an effort to stop exploding of excitement, I'd like to show you all some of my pictures of wildlife that I have taken.
For this criteria I'm ruling out all pictures I have of animals in wildlife parks/zoos/care of people.

1.) Eastern Grey Kangaroo - Lysterfield
_MG_0231.jpg

2. ) Australian Pelican - Half Moon Bay
_MG_8105.jpg

3. ) Australian Pelican - Half Moon Bay
IMG_2930.jpg

4. ) Common Tree Snake - outside David Fleay Wildlife Park
_MG_8587.jpg

5. ) Echidna - near Mt. Macedon, if I recall correctly
_MG_0663.jpg

6. ) Tawny Frogmouth - Skennars Head
_MG_6349.jpg

7. ) Pacific Gull - Half Moon Bay
_MG_0376.jpg

8. ) Lace Monitor - Nightcap National Park (Open for correction, I may have misidentified.)
_MG_8103.jpg

9. ) Dusky Moorhen - A pond somewhere in the Gold Coast.
_MG_8880.jpg

10. ) Royal Spoonbill - Wetlands along Pacific Coast Highway near Ballina
_MG_6238.jpg

I have plenty of images of other animals, including a lot of more exotic creatures that are generally kept in parks/zoos if people want to see them as well.

Enjoy.

Great lacey photo! I have loads of awesome pics of some animals in South Africa, I should make a thread once the uploader starts working for me.

Well I just finished working on this image for now and figured I'd chuck it here, seems relatively fitting despite not being 'wild'life.

Hudson or Nelson the Polar Bear, Gold Coast.
_MG_7909.jpg

Well spurred on by something to do with Hammerhead sharks at the Melbourne Aquarium, I revisited some other underwater shots from the past, which is also a nice segue from the half underwater shot above.

1. ) Juvenile Weedy Seadragon
_MG_0473.jpg

2. ) Weedy Seadragon
IMG_0049.jpg

3. ) Unknown Jellyfish - If anyone knows please let me know so I can tag accordingly.
_MG_8675.jpg

4. ) Unknown species of Cuttlefish, again if anyone wants to fill me in...
IMG_0028.jpg

5. ) Pineapple Fish - Thanks Waruikazi!
IMG_0107.jpg

Enjoy, hopefully I can get to the aquarium in the next few days to check out this Hammerhead business, they're fascinating sharks...

Last edited:
That fish's common name is pineapple fish.
Awesome, thanks! I guess that's a pretty obvious name given the appearance.
Shouldn't have been that hard to print off a plaque with that on it and hang next to the exhibit...

Well I just finished working on this image for now and figured I'd chuck it here, seems relatively fitting despite not being 'wild'life.Hudson or Nelson the Polar Bear, Gold Coast.
_MG_7909.jpg
I love Bears, shame it's so expensive for entry at Sea World

Excellent photos mate thanks!
I don't know the jelly fish's name but if it was blue in colour and the diameter of the head is about 6-8 inches I know they can sting like hell! They come in large swarms from nth coast NSW upwards. I never thought they stung I have surfed amongst packs of them heaps of times then one hit me one day and it was excruciating.

Awesome, thanks! I guess that's a pretty obvious name given the appearance.
Shouldn't have been that hard to print off a plaque with that on it and hang next to the exhibit...

No worries, just googled it's scientific name is probably Cleidopus gloriamaris.

Thanks all, glad you're enjoying the pictures.
I'd like nothing more than to go out shooting right now, but I guess I'll have to settle for going through a few more images. From under water to in the air.... but on the ground. (mostly)

1. ) Ostrich
_MG_0209.jpg

2. ) Pied Heron
_MG_0679.jpg

3. ) White Stork
_MG_5797.jpg

4. ) Australian Pelican
_MG_9902.jpg

5. ) Southern Cassowary
_MG_8428.jpg

6. ) Black Winged Stilt
_MG_8828.jpg

7. ) Wedge Tailed Eagle (Eaglehawk)
_MG_9074.jpg

8. ) Wedge Tailed Eagle (Eaglehawk)
_MG_9122.jpg

Thanks for looking and indulging in my desperate want to get out and amongst some wildlife again. Anyone got a scuba setup they wanna give away? :lol:

Great wildlife photography, camera and lens you using mate?

thant pelican shot in the last lot of pics is simply gorgeous!
what gear are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back