Need help identifying a snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookingforanswer

Reaction score
I have joined this site to ask a few questions of people who know a lot more about snakes than I do, so hopefully it is okay to post here.
I came home today to find my dog dragging a long (approx 1 metre) reddish orange snake around my back yard. I have googled all night Australian snakes trying to identify the thing but haven't come close to finding anything remotely similar......it is about 3cm diameter with reddish orange and white patterning. It's underbelly is a whitish colour.
Does anyone know of a snake fitting that description?
I am not a huge fan of snakes (sorry) and am kind of freaking out about going out into my yard in case there are more of them.

Can they be a bright orange colour? The pics I could see in Google images didn't seem the same?

Riverstone NSW. I have a photo on my phone of it but have no cord to download it. I have sent it to a few friends but they are stumped!

Nope. Illegal imports. I'll come take it off your hands for you and hand it in to the proper AUTHORITIES :evil:

Ahhh....it was taken care of already by my dog. Currently sitting in a plastic bag waiting for garbage collector in the morning. How would it get in my yard? Any Aussie species that look like that?

Ahhh....it was taken care of already by my dog. Currently sitting in a plastic bag waiting for garbage collector in the morning. How would it get in my yard? Any Aussie species that look like that?

could you get another pic of it?
i highly doubt its a corn snake ....

Its really hard to tell by that description. Theres a slight chance its an escaped corn snake but its probably not.

could be a keelback, brown tree snake ... the list goes on

@Josh: i want one in my suburb :D

I'd be keeping a good close eye on your dog for signs of envenomation, especially if it was an elapid...

I have been a bit worried about my dog, but it seems okay 5 hours later....I just don't want to think about any more that might be lurking around. I have forwarded the pic to a member who private messaged me. He might be able to post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back