Need help identifying a snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone! I have a little girl and was starting to worry that if my yard was a haven for venomous locals that I would have to watch her more carefully out there.

Does anyone happen to know if any wild populations of corn snakes have been established?

I dare say its not unlikely with the amount of times I hear about corn snakes, I mean I know it's not unlikely that they're owned by irresponsible people but it still seems that it would be an extraordinary amount of escapees - if they were all escapees

Does anyone happen to know if any wild populations of corn snakes have been established?

I dare say its not unlikely with the amount of times I hear about corn snakes, I mean I know it's not unlikely that they're owned by irresponsible people but it still seems that it would be an extraordinary amount of escapees - if they were all escapees
I know this is a broad statement but I would think responsible reptile keepers would have licenses and stick with natives which leaves only really leaves corn snake breeders the option to sell to irresponsible keepers etc. hence the number of escapes/releases

I know this is a broad statement but I would think responsible reptile keepers would have licenses and stick with natives which leaves only really leaves corn snake breeders the option to sell to irresponsible keepers etc. hence the number of escapes/releases

Yes, but if enough have been released or escaped in the same/similar area then there is the possibility that a wild population has established.

Last edited:
next step, train him (or her?) to hunt other non-native escapees :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back