Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have kept Gecko's before and an Axolotal, so i'm not new to reptiles, but by no means an expert.

And by tank i mean a 2ft tank with a mesh lid.

I would prefer something that i could keep in this untill adult hood (i know very limiting). It's probably too small for an adult Childrens python (they grow upto a meter don't they?).

Is the general rule of thumb length of snake x1.5?

Those Pygmey Pythons would be perfect... pitty they cost so much.

Last edited:
Looking around, leaning more and more towards a Stimson's Python. Opinions? Would a 2ft tank be big enough (atleast untill they grow full size)?

I have kept Gecko's before and an Axolotal, so i'm not new to reptiles, but by no means an expert.
Axolotl's aren't reptiles mate ;)

Stimmies are probably a bit big for a 2ft enclosure as adults.. They get to around a metre as well. Geckoes would be the go in a 2ft tank (not great to keep snakes in fish tanks, I reckon)

A spotted or Childrens Python would be adequate for the room available, and both are pretty inexpensive, If your after somehting else, a pygmy bearded dragon, or some frogs could also it in the space permitted. But, if you wanted something REALLY different- then a perentie:)

Axolotl's aren't reptiles mate ;)

Stimmies are probably a bit big for a 2ft enclosure as adults.. They get to around a metre as well. Geckoes would be the go in a 2ft tank (not great to keep snakes in fish tanks, I reckon)

Tanks are fine so long as you can keep the heat in. Not the most economical enclosures though.

I know Axolotals arn't reptiles... but the care (hand feeding, long life) is similar, except it's under water.

I could also modify an existing shelving cabnet.....that could be a cool litlte project...

Death adder would go alright in a 2fter. :)

LMAO!!!! nice!

you could get a childrens python, buy some malimine (?) peg-board and use that as a lid and then buy a heat mat and stick a light ontop! easy stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back