Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevDaniel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Wandandian, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
Hi all. The alcoholic neighbour in the duplex house right next to ours does not like snakes. She has made reports to the police about me having snakes. Silly woman doesn't know that national parks are the people to be calling but hey why make two calls when you could spend the same time drinking another glass as you would dialling another number to call.
My gf gets rude sms's saying that there is a loose snake in the front yard. My girlfriend replies asking if it was brown, immobile and concrete? If it moved call for help. Such silly people come up with even such nonsense.
We now have the real estate calling us to ask about the rodents we feed to the snakes. Neighbours are saying they have rodents the we feed to my snakes living in their roof. We clearly explain to our landlord that the rodents are in breeding tubs inside an aviary out the back. Hehe good thing i have dogs as i need not worry about anybody jumping my back fence or trying to break into my house as much. But none the less the threat of a robbery is never out of my mind and we are usually home to keep watch over the snakes. Does anybody else have neighbours as we do?

yea i got neighbours im in a secluded court and there are only 3 houses its quiet and my neighbours dun bother me at all and im good friends with the neighbour beside me i have no issues until the army desides to move us from darwin to somewhere else.........:|

Unlucky Dan, there are some people out there that don't have a life and just whinge and carry on just to get some attention.
When I first moved in to my current house one of my neighbours had a cry that my dog got into his backyard and my wind chime was too loud (Ok, I'll admit it was the biggest chime you'll ever see). I removed the chime but told him he was lucky it was my sook of a dog and not my Taipans in his yard, then he'd really have something to whinge about. That was the second day after I moved in. He hasn't spoken to me in the 18 months since. Found out off the rest of the neighbours that this bloke has a cry at the slightest drop of a hat. He's basically made complaints about everyone in the street.
All the rest of the neighbours are cool about me having the critters. Feed the big Scrubbie out on the front lawn and the neighbours and their kids come over to watch. We live in a small cul-de-sac so it turns in to a big social meet for the street. Even got some of them over their fear of snakes.

My neighbours are the best anyone can get, in their 70's and love all our animals, both sides! so we are lucky!

Have you thought of moving at all?????

Daniel you come and fix my neighbor and I’ll fix you’re neighbor up..... Mine will ring the police if my car is parked the wrong way as everyone in the street does as these no drive ways, if I go past 10pm using a drill for noise - like a drill makes a lot of noise :( he back on the phone to the police again.
And yells at the dogs all the time now but doesn't yell at the other dogs next door to them that bark all day and night.
There one of those people that thinks there better then everyone else.

Give them something really to complain about... Start breading wolf spiders, red backs, scorpians and work on the breed and release programme... That is, their young are released into your next door neighbours house... Ahhhh... Thos midnight screams as a giant huntsman straddles across their face... Ahhhhh... it wasn't your fault tho... You're part of the breed and release programme!

Day we moved in my neighbour came over to brag that he'd just killed a brown tree snake and tell me not to let the kids play outside.
Lets just say we don't get on real well.

Daniel you come and fix my neighbor and I’ll fix you’re neighbor up..... Mine will ring the police if my car is parked the wrong way as everyone in the street does as these no drive ways, if I go past 10pm using a drill for noise - like a drill makes a lot of noise :( he back on the phone to the police again.
And yells at the dogs all the time now but doesn't yell at the other dogs next door to them that bark all day and night.

LMFAO---- sorry auzlizardking, but thats funny. haha

i have good neighbours that keep to themselves.But theres always someone to ruine it all

At least you don't get booked $77 for parking in the street overnight.

Oh yeah, that has nothing to do with neighbours :/

I love my neighbours, we've been in our house for 3 months and havent spoken to any of them, barely even see them in fact. We have a park beside/behind us, so only have neighbours on one side. Only evidence they actually exist is occasional washing on their line, and they had a tree growing over our fence, didnt bother us, but came home one day to find all branches on our side had been removed and our driveway swept. Gotta love those kind of neighbours!

Cheers

My neighbours are ok, any wild herps they come and tell me.

My neighbours are okay and they love them, but on the other side the neighbour whenever he sees the snakes always rubs his hands and licks his lips and looks at his cooking gear!!LOL.(he said they taste better than chicken anyday!!)

Never had a problem with any of my neighbours. I believe in treating everyone with the respect they deserve. If they don't reciprocate, they go missing! LOL

Our neighbours are very strange, til Daniel and the snakes moved in ... i couldn't get them to leave me and the kids alone.
Now we just get complaints from them via the landlord.

AGHHHH .... Get me out of here.

let me just say my nxt door neighbour had some paint splatter on his house because he kicked my dog that day lol

Hey, we used to have REALLY bad neighbours like that...We lived in a unit sort of thing and she was upstairs, and used to walk into our backyard all the time to ask to turn the TV down!!! we listen to it on around 10 and it goes to 100!!! any ways she walked in our gardens etc and said they were "common gardens", so when we moved out i used HER tap to clean the house (ours in the back hers in da front) and she came to tell me off for it, needless to say, she got REAL wet that day!!! plenty of other stories but take to long tgo right...any way we had a pest control doin a routine yearly inspection/spray and he was AWESOME!!! funnily enough when we moved house (to this one) we didnt know, but we live right next door to him....Now we have BLOODY AWSOME neighbours....actually went to his sons funeral yesterday, poor kid died 7 years old, needless to say, there devastated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back