nervous new stimson owner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
7c9499a4-961f-fbc3.jpg

Laying as I type!

She is 3 years old. First clutch and she had 10 eggs. 6 fertile and 4 slugs.

I was able to remove them no worries, she tried to cling onto them the poor thing but was not aggressive at all.

By he way OP, all snakes try and escape, it keeps them entertained for hours and hours, days and days, weeks and........blah blah blah

Thats awesome mate, small clutch though isn't it. The guy I bought my Stimson's off has a clutch of 15 fertile eggs.
I am hoping that mine become sexually mature next summer. They will be almost 2 years then and some said that they can become sexually mature at around 18months. WOULD LOVE BABIES NEXT SPRING lol

WOW the mother looks stunning.
My little guy had his first shed with me last nite and i was so worried to start with as he had been so quiet last 4 days and last nite was going crazy rubbing on everything, then his skin was streatched out this morning to my relief :) so amazing at the first time and now cant wait to feed and handle him again.

Thats good mate, I may get hounded for this but I play with my snakes any time of any day if they are milky skinned or 24 hours after a feed. I usually just sit with them on the bed or watch a movie with them and they are happy to just say wrapped around my fingers. I suppose since I have done it from the beginning they are used to it and fine. Every snake and their reactions are different!

yes i want to handle mine a bit more as he was only handled about once a week before i got him, getting to know his attitudes is fun so fingers crossed a long happy life together :)

Thats awesome mate, small clutch though isn't it. The guy I bought my Stimson's off has a clutch of 15 fertile eggs.
I am hoping that mine become sexually mature next summer. They will be almost 2 years then and some said that they can become sexually mature at around 18months. WOULD LOVE BABIES NEXT SPRING lol

Not really a small clutch when you look at averages for stimmies. 10 eggs is pretty good, just a shame about the 4 slugs. But for her first ever clutch i am very very pleased!

I have a young pair also who will definitely be big enough to breed next season! Fingers crossed for 2 clutches as she is a beautiful animal too!

Mine or Jay84's 12-08-67??
I recently fed mine Hopper Rats. My stimmies are 10 months old and they both handled the hopper rats beautifully. Took them 25 minutes though they were very happy after. Don't be afraid to try bigger than what you originally thought hey. If they can't eat it they will spit it out. Simple :)
Have a look http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...2/stimmies-just-devoured-first-hopper-173417/ and these rats were huge in comparison to my snakes!
hey how did yours go with the fuzzie mice upgrade? I am still a bit unsure once i saw the size of the fuzzies at the pet store as seem massive.

yeah too easy mate. Like I said don't be afraid to go larger than what you think hey. Also stick with rats-they are more nutritious and promote better growth than mice :) plus rats are better $$$ value :)

Good luck with it all and when I feed mine next I will put more piks up as those hopper rats were the smallest ones in the pack I got lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back