new bhp. green poop :/?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempest404

Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
Trying to Google it right now... having a little trouble finding anything conclusive but following photo is all I really have. Ty for any help. It's already got a vet appointment for Tuesday and I've kept samples for the vet aswell. Just mainly wondering if she needs to be seen sooner and what mufti cause it.

Cheers,
Tempest

- - - Updated - - -

I found a similar thread from while back. Said something about fatty liver and poor liver function which I was aware that bhp's were prone to it. Imo she's also over weight so this doesn't surprise me if this is the case... Imayhave answered my own question in a sense ayer reading that, but then arises another issue. What do I do about it :/.

- - - Updated - - -

btw please note, i only just came into this snake, she hasn't even eaten with me yet...

Attachments

• 20130914_003221.jpg
    20130914_003221.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 284
Unfortunately I'm thinking along the same lines. That being the case I don't believe there is a lot that can be done. The vet will surely be in a better position to provide further insight and advice. All the best.

Collect it and take it to the vet... Easiest way. Good Luck with her BTW :)

Sometimes a deal is too good to be true. Hope for your sake it isn't fatty liver and everything turns out ok but think you can definitely chalk this one up as experience.

Is this an older animal that has not eaten for some time?
It is quite normal to see this in animals that have not eaten for longer periods and as we are just into spring it may be nothing to worry about.

4yr old, according to previous owner, and had been fed a medium rat a week ago (week prior to me recieving the animal). considering the low price and the rush he had apparently been in i think i've been screwed... wan't thinking myself was in the over excited stage as she is a beautiful animal either way... options for now is do w/e i cna for her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back