New click clack needed to combat miss houdini

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah1234

Reaction score
Looks like my new pygmy python is a houdini after all. Caught her trying to escape her click clack tonight. I was not impressed. Have set up a temporary lid with 100% no cracks, it seemed there was the most microscopic gap in my click clack lid that she (being so incredibly tiny) was attempting to climb through. Where would you guys go to find a pygmy size escape-proof click-clack?
I think I'll have to find something watertight, absolutely no way for her to get out as she is so incredibly tiny.

For smaller pythons, I've always used Sistema containers, and soldered holes where needed. Look for something that's air tight.

Depending on how tiny she is, there should be a systema container small enough. The systema tubs that i have also have an air tight seal around the lid, i am using the 7L size.
As said above by Crystal, when putting holes in the plastic a soldering iron is the best way because it doesn't leave any cracks. The tip on my soldering iron is tapered to a small point so if you have one with a tip like this and are careful enough you will be able to make holes that are only around 3mm big so they should be escape proof surely!

I just use a square of lightweight flywire mesh and lay it over the top before i put the click clack lid on, this means nothing gets through :)

Thanks so much everyone, I was just thinking before that an airtight food container would work perfectly so I will take your advice and buy a systema. She is so minute that she could fit through absolutely any gap so that would be the best option. I did try flywire mesh and she managed to squeeze through a tiny hole in it! Thats how I caught her as she was sitting on top of the mesh trying to make her escape!

Cheers everyone :D

LOL other option if you are needing slightly more airflow is to cut a square in a container lid and silicone a heavier duty flywire mesh over it.

For 10 litre siemesta are good and from 10 litres to 115 litres starmaid are the most secure

she got through flyscreen?!?!

there was a tiny hole in it. she isn't quite that small but I wouldn't put it past her!
Thanks for the advice pythrulz, I think I will be looking at something pretty small so systema looks the way to go :D

Can we have a photo of her on you finger or something?

I posted a thread full of them just yesterday in this section :D

IMG_2753.jpg

Here is just a teaser of her size. I have quite small hands too.

Last edited:
She is in her new systema click clack as we speak. No way she is getting out of that! Much more relaxing.

If you want to keep her in a click clack as she gets bigger Bunnings has an excellent 15Lplastic tub available for $15. It's called "clip-fresh" and has a blue lid with a little handle on it. The lid has an airtight seal, so (obviously) air-holes are a must, but it has a clip-over clip on each side and they take up pretty much the whole side that they're clipping onto (you know - the kind that are part of the container and clip up in an L-shape over the lid to hold it on) so I reckon it'll be pretty escape-proof. I bought one as soon as I saw it, 'cause I've never seen anything so purpose-perfect and I'm getting a baby blackhead in March :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back